Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

So frustrated with Sedo. Where should I moved my domains?

Status
Not open for further replies.

demaxxus

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
When I originally signed up with Sedo I was just checking the site out, so my username is a variation on my real name. This completely slipped my mind when I was setting up 100+ domains in my account, so now when I want to give out my Sedo portfolio URL it's a tad too close to my real name for my liking.

I recently contacted Sedo to see if I could change my username to my company name, and they said no. I asked if I could setup a new account and have all my data transferred over, and I didn't receive a response, which I can only assume means no as well.

So now my options are to start all over again and spend hours and hours painstakingly setting everything up on a new account, or just say screw it and move my domains elsewhere. Considering their 'customer support' is subpar from what I've experienced (any time I've asked a question they seem to read three words in and send me a stock response that doesn't even apply, and they ignore the other issues in my submission), I'm leaning more towards just moving them somewhere else.

I've heard some good things about parked.com, however, how are they for the following issues?

- Do I have to update my DNS to point to their servers, or can I just redirect the domain like I can on Sedo?

- Do they have some sort of a portfolio URL that I can give out like Sedo does, in order to show someone all the domains I currently have for sale?

Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

dodo1

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sedo and Parked.com are different. Sedo is a domain marketplace while Parked.com has a domain parking program only. While it is possible to place a "for sale" link on parked domains, it is not possible to have a portfolio link.

It's strange that Sedo won't let you change your username. But if you're mainly going to sell domains, Parked.com is not what you need. Have you tried Afternic.com already?

Sonny Banks

<span style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Have you contact your account manager?
No reply?

demaxxus

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm just digging into parked.com right now and I noticed it's not really the same thing as Sedo. *sigh*

I've had an Afternic account for quite a while, but I can't even remember why I signed up with them in the first place (it wasn't to list domains, I think I was just testing things out a bit).

Are they fairly comparable to Sedo?

Riiight, now I remember why I went with Sedo over Afternic. A bunch of my domains are what you would consider 'not premium', and given Afternic's selling fees, they wouldn't work for a lot of them. Don't really want to sell a domain and have 90% of the purchase price go to Afternic.

Carter, I wasn't even aware that Sedo had account managers (I'm pretty new to their system so I'm still learning as I go). I've just been using their ticketing system for my inquiries.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
they always answer the phone when i call ;)

rmnarmenta

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Maybe the Sedo Rep here on the Forum can step up and help you out?

S

SedoCoUk

When I originally signed up with Sedo I was just checking the site out, so my username is a variation on my real name. This completely slipped my mind when I was setting up 100+ domains in my account, so now when I want to give out my Sedo portfolio URL it's a tad too close to my real name for my liking.

I recently contacted Sedo to see if I could change my username to my company name, and they said no. I asked if I could setup a new account and have all my data transferred over, and I didn't receive a response, which I can only assume means no as well.

So now my options are to start all over again and spend hours and hours painstakingly setting everything up on a new account, or just say screw it and move my domains elsewhere. Considering their 'customer support' is subpar from what I've experienced (any time I've asked a question they seem to read three words in and send me a stock response that doesn't even apply, and they ignore the other issues in my submission), I'm leaning more towards just moving them somewhere else.

I've heard some good things about parked.com, however, how are they for the following issues?

- Do I have to update my DNS to point to their servers, or can I just redirect the domain like I can on Sedo?

- Do they have some sort of a portfolio URL that I can give out like Sedo does, in order to show someone all the domains I currently have for sale?

Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

Hello lsdomains,

Please PM your account information and I can look into this for you and provide some guidance.

Thanks,

Lisa

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom