Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

so how do you know

Status
Not open for further replies.

methods

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If you are ready to jump on an expiring name you really want , how do you know if its trademarked , etc and safe to take?

nicpal

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
methods said:
If you are ready to jump on an expiring name you really want , how do you know if its trademarked , etc and safe to take?

If it appeals to you get it regardless. The odds are on your side of not get bushwacked with a C & D. However you can do a search at http://www.uspto.gov/main/trademarks.htm if you are really concerned.

methods

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks..... I am a newbie so I think I am gonna spend some time at the newbie area.

Thanks again

namedropper

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You're better off googling for the name. The USPTO is only for US registered trademarks. Trademark disputes can be over ones in other countries and also unregistered ones.

I also don't recommend just grabbing a domain before you research it. If you plan on using a domain for a certain use and discover later the name is already being used in the field, you're out of luck.

jberryhill

Philadelphia Lawyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

You know, it wouldn't kill you to simply register the name, do the appropriate research if you receive an objection, and then earn the goodwill of people who may come in handy another day, simply by being gracious even in the face of initial rudeness.

Karma works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom