Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

...So what CMS do you use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rarethings

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Finding the right CMS can be a long and hard task, especially for bigger-sized websites. Let's get the sharing started on what CMS is your favorite/which one(s) you have had the most experience with. (Vb integration is also welcome).

Domain Days 2024

dsturbed

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I've used a number of CMS's over the years.

The 2 most prevalent:

Expression Engine is pretty damn powerful but can be cumbersome when it comes to customizing it. Has plenty of addons and fairly good support [http://www.pmachine.com]

Joomla which I just got turned onto over Expression Engine is a powerful and popular CMS that's super easy to customize and maintain. Has plenty of addons too..

Im now torn as to which one I would use if I had a gun to my head though.

As far as boards, Invision Power Board is one of my my favorites. Doesn't intergrate into either CMS though.

HTH

Rarethings

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Joomla is excellent. I agree with you there. I never used pmachine, but it also looks pretty good.

Invision boards I compare to VB, except in my opinion VB has more extensions and more mods (and flexibility). But Iboards are also excellent.

OgieOgalthorpe

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have used Drupal and it has many pluses, though I don't find it to be the best documented or most user friendly when it comes to upgrades.

dotcomgiant

Technologist
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
used mambo extensively, now on joomla and drupal too..But if you own a box and love to enjoy freedom, try plone. Its my favorite now a days.

:)

Rarethings

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Drupal definitly gets the job done, but you are 100% correct.. User friendly and Drupal are complete opposites.

I was just gonna mention mambo (you beat me to it giant^).

Never tried plone, but thinking about it..

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I never found a CMS that did the trick for me. I generally use a custom CMS whenever I set up a new site. :)

Rarethings

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I never found a CMS that did the trick for me. I generally use a custom CMS whenever I set up a new site.

I can completely understand that, and I think the best CMS options are almost always custom, or none. (manual publishing).

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom