Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

So what have I done now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Domain Master

Domain Master
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Just got this in my email and it mentions DNForum...What is this all about??? I have no clue..anybody else get it ?? What do they think I have done? I have no dnforum domain...

Dear President&CEO,
This is a Network Service Company which is the domain name registration center in HongKong, China.
On November.4, 2010, we received an application from MEIHUA Group requested"dnforum"
as their internet keyword and China (CN) domain names. But after checking ,we find this name is conflict
with your company's name or trademark. In order to deal with this issue better, it's necessary to send this email
to you and confirm with your company whether this company is your distributor or business partner in China?
If you did not authorize, please let us know within 7 workdays, so that we will handle this issue better.

Looking forward to your reply

Best regards,

Alice
Alice Wang
Checking Department
----------------------------------
HongKong Office(Head Office)
HongKong China Technology Ltd
Tel:+00852-37556517 Fax:+00852-37556340
Rm 1105,Lippo Centre Tower 1,89 Queensway,
Admiralty,Hong Kong
Web: http://www.ChinaTechnology.org

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I get these all the time, it is definitely a scam.

-=DCG=-

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't call it a scam but it is clearly a scare tactic. They're claiming someone is trying to register a .cn version of one of your domains, their mentality is that people will jump to register it to "save" themselves.

In a nutshell, just ignore these (unless you want the .cn or .asia domain - then just do it at the registrar of your choice.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
'Chinese slamming'.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't call it a scam but it is clearly a scare tactic. They're claiming someone is trying to register a .cn version of one of your domains, their mentality is that people will jump to register it to "save" themselves.
Bingo. All the ones I get are telling me someone has registered or is registering a long string of .cn variables of my name and are going to TM those for their use. This is hopefully a scare tactic to jump in and reg all those name.

grcorp

Enthusiast
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
That email hardly makes any sense. Definitely a scam attempt.

Just remember that where there's smoke, there's fire. If it doesn't look right - it ain't right.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Don't even bother responding to those morons that emailed you. All they do is force you to pay for a .cn domain that matches your .com
For starters, you can't even own .cn domains without a physical or business presence in China anymore.

Domain Master

Domain Master
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
But I have no domain that even matches a so called "dnforum" domain - thats what they are saying...maybe they are just phishing for info...I answered them back saying I dont know what they are talking about...

grcorp

Enthusiast
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
But I have no domain that even matches a so called "dnforum" domain - thats what they are saying...maybe they are just phishing for info...I answered them back saying I dont know what they are talking about...

Rule of thumb is to never respond.

If they were truly serious, they would email you again making further requests/demands for action.

Let's say they sent out 100,000 emails and they had an 0.1% response rate at 100 responses. It's much easier to harass 100 people than it is to harass 100,000 people, so expect a more detailed, more intimidating reply from them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom