Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

So, Which One Should I Get?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sjkstone

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I found a two word domain by searching on the Google Adwords Keyword tool.
I want to get this first because it relates to the site I want to put on it as well as the keywords get an average of 90,500 searches per month.
The only extentions available are .us .biz .me .ws .cc .bz .nu .in and .de.
My gut and my budget are saying .us but which one(s) are worth the most to buyers?

Thanks
Steve

Prometheus2130

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Depends on your preference. IMHO if you just like to Place your Project on it, watch out for the country / continent your Business belongs to. If you just like to Park it, the Number of searches isnt that high. Unlike using com Domains, all other extentions are not very fragile for so called "type-ins". ;)

Just my subjective opinion.

sjkstone

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well, what I want to do is buy the domain and put a site on it and eventually sell it so I was wondering what extention (out of the ones mentioned) is most appealing to the public?

Thanks
Steve

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Who are you targeting to? If you're aiming for US traffic (based on your location) then I'd say the .us unless (domain).me would make a hack (lookat.me etc..).

If you are going to target Germans and have the site in German, then go with the .de

sjkstone

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The domain could apply to anyone anywhere. I'd say on the line of a keyword like "fast computers" or "cheap homes" in that neighborhood. So, the keywords and the site script that I will be putting on it would go well anywhere (English, of course) and the keywords are highly searched.

Thanks
Steve

Prometheus2130

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi Steve,

in your case i would give .biz or .us a chance ;)

DNportfolio

Level 3
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I, personally, would go with .us. The only potential drawback here would be if you want to sell the domain/website to someone outside the U.S., you will not be able to do so - as far as I'm aware, the .us extension is still limited to ownership within the U.S.

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'd use .biz if you plan on selling it, it will help with potential buyers outside the US (most of who do not meet the .us ownership rules).

If you plan on selling it to an American, then .us would be the way to go.

Out of the list you gave .biz and .us are the best choices for an english site that will likely have most of it's traffic come from the US.

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I would go with the .biz and .us since you are in the USA,

based on the info you gave us.

radioz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I would go with the .biz and .us since you are in the USA

Yes, buy both of these in the US. The rest are country codes that are either geo specific or they are just plain junk. .me may be an exception but all bets are off unless your name really, really makes sense with this unproven country code that is being marketed as something new.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom