Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Sofas.com Lounges at Top of This Week's Domain Sales Chart After $231,500 Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The new weekly domain sales report is out at DNJournal.com. A pair of six-figure sales lead our new weekly Top 20 list with one of those landing close to the quarter million dollar mark. Five ccTLDs and a pair of non .com gTLDS joined the 13 .com domains on the all extension leader board. You can get all of the details here: http://www.dnjournal.com/domainsales.htm

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
thanks for report Ron
here's what i don't get about the camroulette.com sale
seen written about all over the place, but that domainmadness auction (aptly named), harvested very little in all other sales. this sale was the biggie
now if it were a broker or private sale you could maybe thnk it was a lone nutjob buying it, but in an auction who were the other nutjobs bidding it up that high???
now i know about the chatroulette site but surely that's not enough
weird

james2002

Buying Premium Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
sofas.com is a great domain and I thought it is more like mid to high xxx,xxx domain.

valeria

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ron,

did you see the scan of bank statement for camroulette? Because it looks like there was just a privacy put on top of the previous owner(Adam).

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
must admit i have been highly suspect of that sale
however i just visited the site: camroulette.com and they have it fully up and running already!:uhoh:

i lost half an hour 'researching' :blush: the site

broe-foe

Account Terminated
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
At this point, if you don't digest every bit of "sales" results with a healthy dose of skepticism, then you are trusting a rogue's gallery of domain players who have no compunction about misleading all others about the true state of the domain industry. All of the players (auctioneers, domainer forum owners, ppc schemers, typo-squatters, and domain hoarders who also own/publish domain "news" sites) spew lots of info intended to keep the positive spin energized in an effort to inflate the value of their respective portfolios, period. That's all they are in it for, and if it means suckering newbies and defrauding clueless bidders at domain auctions, then that's just fine in their view.

The history of abuse by industry players is well documented, so don't continue to respond with, "Unless you can show proof, blah blah blah ...". The proof has been posted ad-nauseum in this and other domain forums. The proof is out there, just Google it.

quiddel

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
camroulette.com was registered at 2009-12-12 - the german camroulette.de in November 2008 (and is still for sale at Sedo).

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom