Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Software to manage domains

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmyre

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend some software to manage domain names? I was using excel, but my hard drive crashed, so I lost everything. :cry:

But at least I got a new computer... :D

N

namegame

Originally posted by brn2h8
Can anyone recommend some software to manage domain names? I was using excel, but my hard drive crashed, so I lost everything. :cry:

Sorry to hear that - it happened to me as well - OUCH! Now I back-up my data on CDs whenever I get a chance.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
How about the "good ole" pen and paper.

Never crashes.

N

namegame

Originally posted by biggedon
How about the "good ole" pen and paper.

Never crashes.
You're right - that still works very well. That's if you have a few names - when you reach a few hundred or few thousand then the "good ole" pen and paper don't look so good anymore!

dmyre

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks. That is exactly what I was looking for. My old computer didn't have a cd-rw, but my new one does. I'm going to backup EVERYTHING from now on....

I hope I can remember where all of my domain names are registered... :)

Togoodhlth

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Good luck! I spent about 5 hours searching every registrar I could think of where I may have registered domains and I still lost a couple (not really good ones) to deletion.

DNS Kidd

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Watch My Domains is a great tool.

You can sort on any field, verify Admin, Tech and Billing fields, watch for expiration dates, can't beat it. Program provides current whois info for all domains.

It allowed me to clean up and verify lots of little pieces that only are apparant when you see everything on one screen

lawpsych

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
brn2h8 said:

Oh, no ... Poor brn2h8 ... I can really empathize with your plight. Now I understand where your Login name originated!!!

I hate to admit it, but that happened to me not once, but twice in the past 10 years. Talk about DUMB (on my part; not yours)!!! Imagine still not backing everything up a SECOND time (duh!!!).

I think the worst thing that that caused me to have to do was to re-construct my first professional website using nothing but Microsoft Publisher (I hated Front Page, and didn't know any better back then). Imagine ... re-constructing around 37 separate web pages in Publisher (argh!!!). At the time, I did not have any software that would have downloaded my site from the Internet, and in order to make any changes whatsoever in the site, I had to re-load the entire site each time I made a change, because I used Publisher. At least I learned how to make that little program SING!!!

Thank God for Macromedia's Dreamweaver and for the free program, 1st Page 2000!!! At least I won't have to do THAT again.

In terms of domain management software, I totally agree with Sharpy ... Watch My Domains PRO really rocks!!! I believe in this program so much that my "testimonial" for that program has been featured on their web site for a couple of years now. And, just for the record, I'm a non-compensated, unsolicited, and thoroughly enchanted user of this program. Hmm ... perhaps it's time for me to ask for a free upgrade???
:-D

Care to tell us/brag about your new toy???

Best of luck,
Sheila

PS Believe me ... I would NEVER trust pen and paper. But then, I've survived 2 major flooded basement/home disasters in two different states over the past 10 years, and most of my pen and paper records were destroyed. And, of course, there are always fires to consider ... Nah ... go with WMD Pro and keep an updated copy of your file either in online storage or wrapped up in a hermetically sealed plastic baggie in the freezer compartment of your fridge. d:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom