Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Sold; but not claimed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

furca

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have about 5 domains that I have sold ($50+ for each) and I have recieved payment. But I email back asking who to push the names to and no response. I've emailed atleast 5 times to each person.

Has this ever happened to you? What do you do?.. Let them expire?

Domain Days 2024

furca

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Actually 2 years ago I sold a name twice... :p If the guy ever contacted me, the first guy, I would refund his payment. =]

DomainLoot

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
this also happened to me about 2 years ago.

sold 2 names to one person.
received payment.

waited to hear back re: push
nothing
nothing
nothing
sent PMs for "proof" i was attempting to contact him
nothing
asked if anyone on the board knew him / could contact him
nothing

finally: paypal-ed him his money back cuz someone else wanted to buy the domains (for a little more $) - so it worked out in the end, but what a pain...

> i hated seeing them in my account after i "sold them." :)

mike

everydayprofit

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I ahve had the same thing. I ended up emailing, calling, writing a letter. STILL....no reply.

I finally sold the name again after about 6 months.

//everydayprofit

Rarethings

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
this is especially true on ebay. Out of 50+ sold domains, only 30-40 actually make payment.

everydayprofit

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Rarethings said:
this is especially true on ebay. Out of 50+ sold domains, only 30-40 actually make payment.

OH...I RECEIVED payment....but the dude never accepted the friggin transfer! WEIRD.......he paid $100 if I remember correctly.

//everydayprofit

Majnoon

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
around Augst this year i sold a name for 150 and recived payment for the name. I have contacted the buyer more than 10 times and every time i email him he say he will get back to me with the details of who to push it to. and i am still waiting.

labrocca

Omniscient
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you held your end with the transfer with the information he provided then it's not your problem. If they are still in your account I would renew. If he ever wants them he can pay you the renewal fee and you can begin transfer again. Sometimes things happen..they guy could have lost his email account, died, or simply gotten confused if he has many domains. Either way it's not your fault or your problem. That's my opinion anyways.

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I wonder how long it takes for them to be officially abandoned, like if you buy a TV in a store but never pick it up. There has to be a point (number of days) where a court would say that it is ridiculous to buy something and try to claim it much later.

dvestors

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
IMO,if they can't initiate a transfer within 30-60 days, they don't want the name(s) that bad. Yeah, when you buy a ton of names its hard to keep track if you're unorganized..but I think a month or two is more than enough time to complete a transfer that only takes a minute. Other than death, there's no reason why they couldn't have contacted you. If the sale was low $xx let it drop or resell it right before expiration. Hit the paypal refund button if it makes you feel better.

I have several in my accounts that were bought and paid for 11 months ago. They'll be swimmin in the Pool in a few weeks..:-D

sjaguar13

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I sold a site on eBay almost 12 months ago and the guy paid (over $300). I got his details and started the push, but he never logged into GoDaddy to accept it. I thought he didn't get the email, so I tried it again and told him to look for the GoDaddy email. I never heard back from him...in 23 days the domain expires and I still have it.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I sold a big company a domain for $1500 and the marketing manager never accepted the transfer of the domain and after about 5 repeated messages left for him on his answering machine / voice mail and many emails and about 30 days or so wait, I resold the domain for another $750, I later come to find out the guy that bought it from me had gotten fired for going on a spending spree (this is what the secretary told me) and they still had'nt found a new marketing guy after they canned him...funny sh*t, and my pockets got fatter! Luckily they paid me with a company check, and I told the secretary the whole thing and she was like "Don't worry about it, we don't want it" So, weird stuff happens in this biz 4 sure. :)

Chris

furca

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Wow.... I just found ANOTHER domain that I supposively sold in my account..

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Mocus said:
I sold a big company a domain for $1500 and the marketing manager never accepted the transfer of the domain and after about 5 repeated messages left for him on his answering machine / voice mail and many emails and about 30 days or so wait, I resold the domain for another $750, I later come to find out the guy that bought it from me had gotten fired for going on a spending spree (this is what the secretary told me) and they still had'nt found a new marketing guy after they canned him...funny sh*t, and my pockets got fatter! Luckily they paid me with a company check, and I told the secretary the whole thing and she was like "Don't worry about it, we don't want it" So, weird stuff happens in this biz 4 sure. :)

Chris

What was the domain name?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom