Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

closed SOLD.us

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

domainicanicanica

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
SOLD.us

The most powerful word in real estate and auctions.

Short. Sweet. To the point. Easy to remember.
Perfect for a Real Estate agent or auction site because it tells their clients exactly what that agent or auction site can do for them: Get the deal done.

What kind of value would you put on this?

Thanks.

Domain summit 2024

WhoDatDog

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Not buying what you are selling. The name is worth ZERO. Or, Zero.us. Or, Zero U.S. Dollars. The extension never caught on, and will never catch on. End of story. Nobody who attempts to start a business on this site is improving their business because it is built on Sold.us. Those are the facts. The name actually takes away value from the business.

When 99 percent of consumers see a site on .us, or .biz, or .cc (there are more loser extensions not mentioned), the first thing they think is that the person running the business is in their underwear and not to be taken seriously. Just like when people see so-called professionals using free email services like yahoo or gmail.

If you want to announce to the world that you are a loser, then you should build a site on Sold.us. No serious businessperson would ever invest time or money on a site in the .us extension (go ahead and mention two or three examples out of tens of millions of sites and you will prove my point even more). You can dance around all you want, and bring white noise and meaningless chatter, but it doesn't change the fact that the name is virtually worthless. That's the truth, and if you disagree, stick it in a sales thread here and watch it get the big GOOSE EGG.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

domainicanicanica

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Not buying what you are selling. The name is worth ZERO. Or, Zero.us. Or, Zero U.S. Dollars. The extension never caught on, and will never catch on. End of story. Nobody who attempts to start a business on this site is improving their business because it is built on Sold.us. Those are the facts. The name actually takes away value from the business.

When 99 percent of consumers see a site on .us, or .biz, or .cc (there are more loser extensions not mentioned), the first thing they think is that the person running the business is in their underwear and not to be taken seriously. Just like when people see so-called professionals using free email services like yahoo or gmail.

If you want to announce to the world that you are a loser, then you should build a site on Sold.us. No serious businessperson would ever invest time or money on a site in the .us extension (go ahead and mention two or three examples out of tens of millions of sites and you will prove my point even more). You can dance around all you want, and bring white noise and meaningless chatter, but it doesn't change the fact that the name is virtually worthless. That's the truth, and if you disagree, stick it in a sales thread here and watch it get the big GOOSE EGG.

I was wondering how long it would take before you crawled on out.

Johnn

Administrator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
People asked for the appraisal - juts state how much the name would be.
Why do you keep calling people loser? If you can't keep your temper down then refrain yourself from the appraisal section.

Maxwell

Formerly known as grcorp.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
probably could get more for it, if you go back to 2003

http://www.dnforum.com/f4/sold-us-thread-25705.html

imo...

Wow... I absolutely LOVE reading old threads like that! Takes me back to a much earlier time of the internet.

Regarding the appraisal... obviously, this is not going to be a banner sale domain, being a .us. However, this would easily get $3k to $5k at auction, in my opinion. It's catchy, it's to the point, and it's a verb; which is very key in provoking action.

NameYourself

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I normally dislike most everything without a .com after it, but it has some value.
I'm seeing something more like $500 or $600 at auction rather than 3-5k.
Probably the only buyers would be other domainers.

WhoDatDog

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
People asked for the appraisal - juts state how much the name would be.
Why do you keep calling people loser? If you can't keep your temper down then refrain yourself from the appraisal section.

Well, the name is in a loser extension. People who build sites/businesses on extensions like .us, .biz, or .cc are NOT the winners of the world. The winners generally use dotcom. That is just how it played out. Now, it could have played out differently, but it didn't. And like I said, if you want to announce to the world that you should not be taken seriously, then you should build your business around Sold.us. You are basically telling the world that you are second rate, and that you are small-time, or amateur hour.

I take the time to give my reasoning, unlike most here who post irrelevant appraisals that have zero basis with the reality in which most of us live. There seems to be a common pattern where people who must know better, and have been in domaining for years, will put worthless names in the appraisal thread and then cloud the thread up with their nonsensical white noise, as people chime in and tell them it is worth far more than it is.

It is a disease that most all domainers have. People think their names are worth more than they are. If they didn't own the specific name(s) they would NEVER in a million years pay a fraction of what they want you to believe it is worth. These goofballs sit around with these names for years, thinking that they are worth decent money, when in fact, many of these names are worth absolutely zero. It is a joke. I only call out the most outrageous of fools. I rarely come down hard on a newbie in the appraisal section. If someone who has been a member of Dn Forum since 2002 is going to force me to read his ridiculous thoughts about Sold.us, then I am going to put him in his place with a swift reality check to the nose. That protects unsuspecting newbies who might see this thread, see others pumping up a worthless name, and then believing themselves that it would be a good idea to buy the rotten product.

The name is worth Zero Point Zero dollars. I am 100 percent sure of that. Whatever price he would get for it will never make up for the time and effort he spent thinking about it, putting it in a thread here, and checking on this thread. Names like this cost you more than you think. They are cancerous, worthless names. Even if you get a few hundred for it, it is still worthless, because it is not like you just press a button one time in your life. Facilitating a sale, and putting in the time and effort with threads like these eats away at your profit, and your cost basis is almost always higher than your end price. That is, if you value your time at all.

GeoOwners

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Whodatdog. Sorry your way off. First calling people losers makes you the loser.

I was a realtor for a few years and can tell you I've seen many WAY worse names used as realtor url's.

If this were put in front of a number of realtors it would sell. No way I can say how much but it's worth something.

Belal.com

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
sorry meant $500-1100 to an investor and $3k-7k end user. I believe demand will soon rise for one word .us domains. Thanks in part to new gtlds

Shane

Account Terminated
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I don't see the value here. I've sold better names in the same extension at auction for under 1k. Maybe if you wait you'll get a tad bit more from an enduser.

domainicanicanica

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Just broke off negotiations yesterday when the buyer offered $2,500 and wouldn't budge. I think it's worth more and I'm stickin' to my guns. ;)

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
IMO 2.5K is fair given the poor state of .us.
You may have to wait for a very long time until you get a substantially higher offer.
I stopped investing in .us long ago.

chipmeade

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
too much work to develop and drive traffic. The real cost would be in building a site. $500 value.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators