Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Soliciting offers from people by e-mail...

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
How do you get around the spam issue of e-mailing other people with a commercial message (to buy your domain name) without their permission first?

Do you make an indirect (soft) offer first? Such as: "I have a domain name that you may be interested in because it contains blah blah exactly like yours. E-mail me back to get more information."?

Or do you just go directly for the direct (hard) sell? Such as: "I have thisdomainname.com, want to buy it for $??.00."?

Thanks for your time,
Chris

Domain summit 2024

Yes, it's fine. I do that myself. But make sure you personalize it (do some research as of the name of the owner, contact etc) and don't email them again if you don't hear back unless some considerable time has passed.

About the dineros :D I always mention "if you are intereseted in acquiring" (not BUYING) then please contact me with your offer.

DNForum

Forum Announcements
Official Account
Reaction score
What I do, and it has been quite effective is make the e-mail a bit longer than one sentence saying "I have this domainname.com, want to buy it fro $xx.00?". I normally make the e-mail longer saying things like "I own domainname.com, I see that you own a similar domain, xx.com, and I wanted to give you the opportunity to own whatever." And maybe something like

"If so, please get back to me quickly because I am expecting plenty of interest in the name. I will be selling this name for $xx. If you aren't interested, I apologize for interrupting your day."

I try to be as kind as possible, and there is probably better ways to do this, but this is what I've been doing.

Great advice Dan. Now please tell me, how would you sell a domain to a law office that specializes in Internet law and they have a foreign TLD (this is not theoretical) :D

LarryWentz

Sasquatch Researchin' Pool Hall Junkie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have had good results emailing people. I only pick the most generic and targetted of my domains to market via email though. I then spend a good amount of time finding the right people to target.

My speel goes as follows -

"Hello,

I would like to let you know that the domain name ______.com is up for auction (or sale). You view the details at www.afternic.com/~whatever.com .

Thank you for your consideration."

Thats it. Short and Simple!

Larry Wentz
"Make Money with Affiliate Networks!"
http://www.AffiliateNetwork.org

eddie1278

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
yeah i seen larrywentz buying up everything,lol

M

mike

Chris,
Great thread! The proper, effective use of unsolicited commercial e-mail (UCE) is one of the most important, serious subjects we could be discussing.

Especially for sellers who want to reach the premium paying end users of a particular URL in teit portfolio!

chris

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by mike
Chris,
Great thread! The proper, effective use of unsolicited commercial e-mail (UCE) is one of the most important, serious subjects we could be discussing.

Especially for sellers who want to reach the premium paying end users of a particular URL in teit portfolio!

mike,

Thanks for acknowledging the importance of this topic.

Chris

M

mike

As long as your URL is relevant to the industry of the company you are sending it to, you shouldn't have any problems. If your ISP ever gives you any crapola, like MSN and PSINET did to me in 1999, Complain like hell then fire them. If you want to mail large volumes, get a proactive small business friendly ISP. They are out there.

If you are just sending out 100 here, and 100 there, a couple times a week for a targeted e-mail sales campaign to sell your URL's, try att.net!

You know what makes me mad as hell? The same big businesses that will SPAM us any damn time they want to have trained the public masses to report any e-mail they get from a small business directly to them for punishment.

Want to know more?
Look for my "The Scam About Spam" thread coming soon!

Wow! Do I have the dubious distinction of posting DNforums first thread spam?

Excerpt From "The Scam About Spam"
What is going on American Small Businessman? The corporate-government complex has us scared to e-mail anybody we want for legitimate business purposes for fear of being branded a spammer!

Please... Everybody go back to e-mail sales letter content and strategies. Just the mere question of "Can I send a potential business client an email to promote the sale of my legitimate business property without the SPAM police arresting me?" sets me off every time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators