Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Some help please - what's important

Status
Not open for further replies.

tedsudol

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi,
My name is Ted Sudol and I would appreciate any help fellow members could give me in evaluating potential domain names.

When I started looking a the dropping name lists I was looking for a name that was short, recognizable words (1 or 2) made sense both phonetically and logically. I posted the names here on the forum and out of a list of about 25 forum members said about 4 had value. So I figured I must be doing something wrong and read here on the forum about type in traffic, page rank, etc as metrics that indicate potential value.

I'm trying to learn which metrics are valuable for judging the potential of a domain name and finding them contraditory and confusing. for instance looking at today's charts you have a domain name with a Google Page Rank of 6. I would think that would be pretty good. However if you look at the MSN and Google type in rates 1,500 and 500 they are relatively low. How can a domain with a low type in rage reach a rank of 6,

On the other hand if you look at type in rates as your most important metric you can find domains with a type in rate of 28,000 (MSN) and 1,500,000 (Google) with a page rank of zero and you can find other names with similarly high type in figures with low page ranks. How can a domain with a high type in count get a zero page rank. I thought the higher your type in traffic and other traffic the higher your page rank.

What should I be looking for? I'd appreciate any suggestions. If there are resources I should be looking at or reading let me know.

Thanks in advance for you help.
All the best,
Ted Sudol

Thanks in advance for your help.

All the best,
Ted Sudol

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi Ted

imo... it seems like you're spending too much time analysing too many statistics.

I for one never even bother with page rank names.

why, no guarantees..too easy to fake...rank won't hold if you don't develope.

in other words too many variables.

best advice...buy some LLL or NNN.com/net/org/info names even some 3 character .coms

buy or register some traffic names...build an income stream

just my opinion ;)

grevan

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi Ted, just to clear one thing up to you.
Google´s Page Rank doesn´t have to do with type in traffic. A domain that hasn´t been developed don´t have a Page Rank. Any domain can have a Page Rank of 6, it depends on your web page developement skills, and many other factors... So don´t count on it to evaluate the value of a domain name.
http://www.google.com/technology/

Just a small contribution,
best wishes
Daniel

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom