Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

some one sold me a hacked domain name

Status
Not open for further replies.

nuco

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
someo ne has sold me a hacked domain name...whic know only after purchasinh i came to oly after purchasing..it was some univesity related domain ..iam asking for refund but no response from seller 99 % hacked domain

now what to do ?

ecomindia

e-commerce.in
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
hacked means?

he was not the owner of the domain?
or the domain followed the "domain hacK" model like dispir.in

if it is first case, you can surely go legal although the assurity of the money will depend on the proceedings

in the second case, was in your entire converstation, did you or the seller mentioned the domain name as "domainname.ext").
if it was mentioned, then case of forgery and cheating leading to financial loss and business productivity can be initiated.
and if it was not mentioned, then nothing much can be done to it unless he has a weak lawyer and you have a strong lawyer

---------- Post added at 12:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:20 PM ----------

by domainname.ext i mean u thought of domainname.ext and he sold it as domainn.ame. If you mentioned domainname.ext in your conversation, you have a strong case with you. But follow up a bit more with the seller and simultaneously , start proceeding for legal action

nuco

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i think he hacked into some one else godaddy a/c and sold me the domains ..... i dint knew that...so obviously he doesn't own the domain....in this case...should i need to push back the domains to him so i can get the money back.or should i call godaddy and report this ??

BobDiGiTaL

Domain Lover
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i think he hacked

What is the name?
Why do you think he hacked someone's account?
Did the "real" owner say he had his account hacked?

ecomindia

e-commerce.in
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
as of now, call godaddy, tell them you have purchased xx domain from this person holding account with you with this email id / name.
Tell them you want to confitrm if he is the owner of the domain selling the names.

nuco

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What is the name?
Why do you think he hacked someone's account?
Did the "real" owner say he had his account hacked?

iam confirming its hacked domain coz..by whois it was owned by some university at certain date it has been occupied by these guys......all domain he sold was from the same university and the university website still exisits..

---------- Post added at 04:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:47 AM ----------

as of now, call godaddy, tell them you have purchased xx domain from this person holding account with you with this email id / name.
Tell them you want to confitrm if he is the owner of the domain selling the names.

yea iam calling godaddy tonight...even though no one has claimed ownership....i doubt it..coz its some university domain

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom