Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Someone Contacted Parking Service Instead Of Me On My Domain

domainoid

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
-got an email from my parking service the "holders of the mark" for my domain "forced" them to delete it from their program and take it off for sale listings. there is no trademark on the domain even when you move the words around but it is a domain on some future olympics.

-find this weird as it is not a request sent to me to stop using it nor a c&d both of which domainers get before any udrp. that person or company has not contacted me at all and went straight for my parked page. what's that all about? has this ever happened to anyone?
parking service also says they "had to comply with their demands to avoid legal action being taken against the company"

-i am happy i did not get a c&d and am happier i did not get a udrp lol. good thing when i got the notice from the parking folks the domain was already in redemption with my registrar and had not planned to renew as it's not a good domain and got me no offers at all. even tried to delete it but as it's in redemption that option is no longer vailable with my registrar. did not bother asking my registrar to delete it for me, not sure if they even can. should i even bother?

-it is a domain on some future games and is made up of several words but does not contain the words "olympic" or "olympics" but it is a domain referring to those games. it was given to me not long ago in a bunch of domains i got as part of a purchase but never sought it as one domain that i wanted. cost me nothing/very little and that is another good thing.

Domain summit 2024

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
"...is made up of several words but does not contain the words "olympic" or "olympics" but it is a domain referring to those games"

You have to be more specific, but keep in mind that usually, cities and years associated with an Olympiad typically fall in the same category of domains with tm issues.

domainoid

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
domain is made up of a few words. contains city and year of future olympics (actual city and year for upcoming summer olympic games), also has the word "games". it is clear what games it's referring to but did not consider deleting it from my account as it did not have "olympic" or "olympiad" in singular or plural in the domain name.

left the domain where seller had it parked and it did not perform well at all. listed it for sale but nothing happened so did not profit from it. knew i'd not be renewing and parking service only contacted me they'd heard from claimants when domain was already in redemption. there is nothing domainer can do now as deleting it myself is no longer option given to me. hope all ends here with claimants.

(question:is it necessarily the "comité international olympique" who contacted my parking service or can it be some other organization? not sure, parking guys did not name the claimant)

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
It's a murky territory. Not to mention these domains make no money, the IOC won't buy them obviously.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators