Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Someone copied my forums?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hotdog_pk

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
as long as he doesnt steal visitors i think everything is ok... i would also get the header information from any email that you have sent eachother and try to block them from your site using a wildcard

phrone

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It was on AIM.. I can get his IP and ban him, but I'd rather him not use my catagories.. AnythingTalk.com is coming a long way now, and I don't want him to make a forum like mine that easy. He know is telling me he will take down the forums ONLY if I help him out.. would this be black mail in any way?

darrenl

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
He cant get in trouble for just copying the categories.

hotdog_pk

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
have youy got a copyright that covers all content?

Tippy

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
After visiting his Forum I dont see anything I'd worry about much, I'm not sure what you could do about him copying your Cats./Wording bur I certainly wouldnt help this person.

Mike

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
phrone said:
... but I'd rather him not use my catagories.. AnythingTalk.com is coming a long way now, and I don't want him to make a forum like mine that easy.
To be frank, I don't think gemonic.com is ANYWHERE near anythingtalk.com in terms of activities and membership. Simply copying the forums (and their descriptions) would NOT help him AT ALL. If I were you, I would send him a professionally worded warning and leave it at that.

ToastyX

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You don't seem to understand what copyrights are. When you create something, you automatically have the rights to it. You don't buy copyrights. You can register them, but it is not a requirement for copyright protection.

He says that his dad works for the government and has programs that take down sites on demand.
What a load of BS. How old is this kid, 12? He seems like an immature little brat. I'd just ignore him. The more you let his actions bother you, the more satisfaction he receives. If you really want to teach him a lesson, consult a lawyer, but I don't think it's worth the time or effort.

namedropper

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You can't copyright category names like that. Don't worry about him, he has an empty board, just makes him look stupid. He probably got more hits from us looking at the site than he would have gotten on his own. Just ignore him completely.

And his dad working for the government? LOL. How pathetic.

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
phrone said:
What would I lawyer be able to get me?

Probably a large bill!
Imitation is the highest form of flattery they say - if it were me I would take away the fun for him by pulling the plug on all arguments/conversations and just let his forum die from inactivity.
The more you discuss it with him the more you add fuel to keep him going.

RMF

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
He has NO members, so I wouldn't worry about it.

If you want some revenge, you could give his parents a phone call, and explain that if he doesn't stop with the copyright infringement and threats, you will file a lawsuit against him.

RMF

parabola

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I agree. The payoff for this guy is in being able to yank you around. Stop the yank by ending all interaction with him.

Good luck.

jberryhill

Philadelphia Lawyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
He's actually 13.. I don't think age matters much because I'm 15. He is indeed an immature little brat.

What would I lawyer be able to get me?

A large, mature brat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom