Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Someone got the .eu of my domain...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisJP

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi there,

Just wondering what's the best way of going about this, I've never had to deal with this kind of thing but I'm sure many of you long-timers will have...

I found out the other day that one of the websites I own, getting 9-10k uniques a day, after someone asked whether I'd registered it with the .eu extension that someone has registered it already. It's not a generic name, so I'm fairly certain that this guy has registered it in bad faith, and he's parked it at EuroDNS. I'm aware that miscellaneous typos of my site are also registered (but to some massive companies I can't be bothered to deal with), but this is the first time someone has registered the exact name with a different extension.

I would simply like to buy this .eu domain off him, obviously I'm willing to pay the reg fee for it, but what should I say if he starts trying to sell it to me for a ridiculous price? I'd like to email him about it to let him know I'd like the domain, but I'm not sure what to say without coming across as angry and demanding.

Also it's not a big company or anything, a whois seems to reveal his name and home address.

Thanks for any advice

Domain Days 2024

Julio

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If your name isn't trademarked then there's nothing you can do really i think (????)

ChrisJP

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Nope, not the sort of thing you'd trademark, it's a fansite.

I guess I'll just email him politely asking to buy it from him.

Julio

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Oh ok! GL getting the name.

FreddyS

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
whats the domain?
I will see what I can do for you, perhaps I know this person.
PM me if you do not want to post it here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom