Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Someone out to get me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

furca

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
First I recieved this email (It was in my spam email folder in gmail)

Customer Support <[email protected]>
Date: Jul 30, 2005 4:41 AM
Subject: PayPal Notification ( Your account is suspended )
Warning: This message may not be from whom it claims to be. Beware of following any links in it or of providing the sender with any personal information. Learn more
border=0>
Dear PayPal Member,

PayPal is committed to maintaining a safe environment for its community of
buyers and sellers. To protect the security of your account, PayPal employs
some of the most advanced security systems in the world and our anti-fraud
teams regularly screen the PayPal system for unusual activity.

Recently, our Account Review Team identified some unusual activity in your
account. In accordance with PayPal's User Agreement and to ensure that your
account has not been compromised, access to it was flagged.You
will remain flagged until this issue has been resolved.
This is a fraud prevention measure meant to ensure that your account is not
compromised.

In order to secure your account and quickly restore full access, we may
require some specific information from you for the following reason:

Our system requires further account verification.

Case ID Number: PP-056-245-481
We encourage you to log in and restore full access as soon as possible.
Should your account remain flagged for an extended period of time,
it may result in further limitations on the use of your account or
may result in eventual account closure.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Please click on the link below to log in
and restore full access to your account.
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_login-run
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter. Please understand that
this is a security measure meant to help protect you and your account. We
apologize for any inconvenience.

Sincerely,
PayPal Account Review Department

PayPal Email ID PP562

Google wrote in the little warning at the begging and disabled the links I believe... I wasn't sure what to think of this... until I found..

service @ ebay. com <[email protected]> to me
Date: 31 Jul 2005 00:01:20 -0000
Subject: Please Restore Your eBay Account Access

Warning: This message may not be from whom it claims to be. Beware of following any links in it or of providing the sender with any personal information. Learn more

Update Account Information

As part of our security measures, we regularly screen activity in the eBay system. We recently noticed the following issue on your account: A recent review of your account determined that we require some additional information from you in order to provide you with secure service. Case ID Number: PP-065-617-349
For your protection, we have limited access to your account until additional security measures can be completed. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Please log in to eBay to restore your account access as soon as possible.

You must click the link below and fill in the form on the following page to complete the verification process.
Click here to update your account

In accordance with eBay User Agreement, your account access will remain limited until the issue has been resolved. Unfortunately, if access to your account remains limited for an extended period of time, it may result in further limitations or eventual account closure. We encourage you to log in to your eBay account as soon as possible to help avoid this. To review your account and some or all of the information that eBay used to make its decision to limit your account access, please visit the Security Center. If, after reviewing your account information, you seek further clarification regarding your account access, please contact eBay by visiting the Help Center and clicking "Contact Us". We thank you for your prompt attention to this matter. Please understand that this is a security measure intended to help protect you and your account.

We apologize for any inconvenience.

Sincerely, eBay Account Review Department

About eBay | Announcements | Security Center | Policies | Site Map | Help

Copyright © 1995-2005 eBay Inc. All Rights Reserved. Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the eBay User Agreement and Privacy Policy.

I logged into my paypal account and everything seems fine.... the case numbers don't even match in the email.

G_Gekko

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Don't worry. those kind of emails are common since there are a lot of scammers out there.

Paypal will always use your name in the email if they are genuine so if you get an email from "paypal" that says "Dear PayPal Member" you can be sure that it isn't genuine

M

mole

100% phishing emails - these are very common, and many people actually fall for it.

Majnoon

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Don't worry mate it is all bull shit ignore anything that does not address you with Your full name.

ignore things like dear ebay member or dear paypal member or like things with your e maill addess this is common people trying to steal your details. but it is recommended that u report the link to ebay and paypal so others don't fall on the trap

cheers

M90

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
There's also an option in gmail that allows you to 'Report Phishing', which is of course, exactly what that email is all about.

Kevin

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have received more e-mails like this than I could count.

And, unfortunately, scumbag scammers will never stop sending e-mails like this.

All they need is a few responses to make their efforts “pay off.”

britishbulldog

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yep just hover over the link and then the real address comes up and most are from a yahoo account,never click the link just log in from your usual browser and i will guarantee paypal have not suspended your account or whatever !

mike031

WannaDevelop.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
anybody with a lot of domains or sites receives this emails by the dozens.. every day.... non stop. most are ebay scams.... few paypal and some other bank account frauds.

it's funny when you receive a letter that is supposably from ebay sent from a princess5875@hotmail or something like h5k4k95j@unknownsender

....but the sad truth is that many people do fall for this shit.

sucks!

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
like i always say...we should find them and shoot them in the head..alot of times :angry:

Edder

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Duncan, I got like 4 of those last week! Besides reporting those spoofs to ebay and paypal, you should set up a filter on your email account. Filter out the word "suspended"

insomnia

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I hope you didnt click on the link in the emails!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom