Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Someone registered 'my' domain name!!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prosperous

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
2 days ago (Sept. 26), soon after it had expired, I reg'd the domain name commercial.ws at GoDaddy.
In my account there, as well as in their whois (please check there at GoDaddy yourself; I can't do a direct link to it), the domain shows there as having been reg'd there by me on the 26th, just like it should be.
However, I just found out that DIRECTNIC's whois claims someone else (one 'khalid est for trade agencies') reg'd the same domain name there, today (i.e. the 28th)!? See: http://www.directnic.com/whois/?query=commercial.ws . And it is listed there with Directnic's nameservers, as opposed to my own.

So, do you think that GoDaddy screwed up and did not reg the domain properly for me? I already thought it was odd, yesterday, when I found that various registrars claimed the domain was still available for registration. But I thought that must be some ('whois's-not-yet-updated') type glitsch. But now I am not so sure.
Needless to say, I called GoDaddy and they said the name IS indeed in my account there (and when I log in there it indeed shows that it is) and that I have no reason to worry and that (all) other registrar's whois's info must be incorrect and blah blah blah...

On the 26th I also reg'd lowfat.ws / explorer.ws / reply.ws at GoDaddy at the same time as commercial.ws, and they all do show me as the registrant at the various whois's I've checked.

wolfis.com

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Bad news beshopalula, godaddy messed up - website.ws whois shows directnic's whois & the working nameservers are also directnic's - i guess you should again contact godaddy , because as of now you are not the owner (but you are right all the way ,since godaddys whois clearly shows that you registered this domain on the 26 th ) ... sorry you have to contact godaddy ...

wolfgang

Prosperous

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply! So, do you think they 'owe' it to me that they see to it the domain name registration of that other person gets reversed? Or is it more likely that they say 'hey, we don't know what went wrong, we will (have to) give you your money back for that domain?

izopod

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Something went very wrong yesterday. I reg'd Concerts.ws on 9/26/03. It showed up in Godaddy whois immediately, but I didn't check the registrar's WHOIS (Wish I would have). Then, yesterday I went to check the registrar's WHOIS, and wouldn't you know it, it showed AVAILABLE!! Seconds, later fired off an email to Godaddy inquiring about this. Then it dawned on me for an extra $9.95, I'd "fix" the problem myself.

Sorry to hear about your loss B.! :-(

Prosperous

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well, I contacted GoDaddy again and they are now looking into this matter, saying that indeed I should be the current registrant, not that person that reg'd the name today.
I'll keep you updated (may be a few days)... :)

.com.net.org

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Domain Name: COMMERCIAL.WS

Registrant: Registered through DirectNIC.com
Whois Server: whois.directnic.com

Domain created on 2003-09-28 05:01:36
Domain last updated on 2003-09-28 05:01:36

Name servers:

ns1.directnic.com ..................
ns0.directnic.com ..................

Domain Name: EXPLORER.WS

Registrant: Registered through Go Daddy Software, Inc. (GoDaddy.com

Domain created on 2003-09-26 10:40:46
Domain last updated on 2003-09-26 10:40:46

Domain Name: REPLY.WS

Registrant: Registered through Go Daddy Software, Inc. (GoDaddy.com

Domain created on 2003-09-26 10:40:47
Domain last updated on 2003-09-26 10:40:47

.com.net.org

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Looks like commercial.ws is regged with directnic.com

Good luck Rob.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom