Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Someone used my contact information on a TM infringing domain...

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeterMan

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I just got a C & D letter about it...

I never registered the name, never bought it, never even saw it before but sure enough, my name and contact information is in the Whois...

I am emailing them and the registrar right now and I know this will be cleared up but it is a strange thing to see...

Anyone heard of this before?

PeterMan

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
really? So what should I do?

Devil Dog

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
really? So what should I do?
Hmm, I'd personally get with the registrar of that name and find out who the real owner is. I mean, they had to pay for it one way or another, cc, paypal, check or something.

PeterMan

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
ok, thanks, I have done that, I guess I was thinking that you meant that the email was a scam or something... But the email looks legit...

Sheva

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
even the email on the whois is your email address?

fab

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I don't know why you should be worried about a domain you never registered. When you register a name you can put anything in whois. I would just write back to them that you don't own the domain, have access to it, and in any way affiliated with it.

PeterMan

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
OK, got to the bottom of this... I still don't fully understand it but It was a .ca domain and I had picked one up from a drop that had been owned previously by this person... To make a long story short the information was not properly updated by CIRA and somehow I am now listed as the technical contact for EVERY one of this persons domains... Crazy... My registrar is fixing it now...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom