Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Someons using my business name for SEO?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Togoodhlth

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ok the long and short of it is:
Someone is using my business name on their site to gain a higher ranking in Google et. al.
They are not just using it in metas but at the top of the page in the upper left corner. They leave out the ",inc." however other than that it is exact.

Google returns their results directly under mine.

"Skips Outdoor Accents, Inc." is my business name.

The problem is it is confusing to a customer who pops my company name into Google and then sees their site and clicks the link. Once at the site in the top left corner they see my company name.
Also they have more than one variation of the site and in the second the name appears both with and without the ('s) in the left navigation yet no where does it link out to my site. It appears it simply links to the "home visions" affiliate program.

Do I have any recourse or am I whining?

Thanks

John

jberryhill

Philadelphia Lawyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
One difficulty is their location. However, what you can do is to raise the issue with homevisions.com which *is* located in the US. The "link-back" using your business name is a clear google-bombing technique done solely for the purpose of obtaining rank.

Dimes will get you doughnuts that the HomeVisions affiliate program includes a promise that the affiliate won't trade on other people's goodwill.

Togoodhlth

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
jberryhill said:
One difficulty is their location. However, what you can do is to raise the issue with homevisions.com which *is* located in the US. The "link-back" using your business name is a clear google-bombing technique done solely for the purpose of obtaining rank.

Dimes will get you doughnuts that the HomeVisions affiliate program includes a promise that the affiliate won't trade on other people's goodwill.

I will begin by contacting Homevisions and hopefully that will resolve this issue.

Thank you very much!

John Ansart

pam

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
There is a moron with 100+ domains doing the SAME thing to me, and my domain name is trademarked (in fact, the attorney emailed yesterday, it's officially mine now). Google won't do anything, they say they only can do something if the person is using AdWords.

They have the top 100 listings for my site name due to this bullshit and nothing can be done.

If you complain about it (someone else is doing this with the name of my top model's video) they say it can take their engineers up to 4 months to remove the bad listings. So far it's been 6 months on the model name and it's still there

Togoodhlth said:
Ok the long and short of it is:
Someone is using my business name on their site to gain a higher ranking in Google et. al.
They are not just using it in metas but at the top of the page in the upper left corner. They leave out the ",inc." however other than that it is exact.

Google returns their results directly under mine.

"Skips Outdoor Accents, Inc." is my business name.

The problem is it is confusing to a customer who pops my company name into Google and then sees their site and clicks the link. Once at the site in the top left corner they see my company name.
Also they have more than one variation of the site and in the second the name appears both with and without the ('s) in the left navigation yet no where does it link out to my site. It appears it simply links to the "home visions" affiliate program.

Do I have any recourse or am I whining?

Thanks

John

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom