Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Something must be done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lotsofissues

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Offer a sticky credit in the sales thread-- 5 days duration perhaps for anyone who will put up a 3 letter .com

You guys can't argue the principal attraction of dnf is dying. So do something!

Upvote 0

izopod

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by lotsofissues
Offer a sticky credit in the sales thread-- 5 days duration perhaps for anyone who will put up a 3 letter .com

Oh god... Not this again. Please DNF isn't "dying".

btw: Try http://www.DNFAuctions.com

lotsofissues

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You imagined I said dnf is dying.

izopod

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by lotsofissues
You imagined I said dnf is dying.

No I refuted it... The principal attraction about DNF is that there are many venues in which to sell your names. Either Live Auction, on a sales thread, or now the "end user" friendly DNFAuctions.com. Oh, and I forgot to mention that a lot of action is happening via U2U (User to User) via PM, etc.

Not going to get into a flame war here so feel free to see which "sales format" on DNF suits you.

lotsofissues

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It is flawed to think of PMs and sales threads as the principal attraction solely because the most sales take place in those formats. Because, those two options are avail. for free elsewhere and are not much less viable. What distinguished dnf when the memberships first came out was the live auction system.

I said:

You said:
Oh god... Not this again. Please DNF isn't "dying".

I only mentioned dnf auctions dying--a strongly supported claim. But, you seemed to interpret my comment as meaning I thought the entire site was dying. What did you refute...

izopod

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Like I said, not going to get into a flame war here. Personally, if I had a 3 letter dot com name I would choose the DNFAuctions.com site, and not the sales thread. That is just my opinion and that's the beautiful of it all. CHOICE... That in today's world defines whether something is attractive or not. If I had a decent to ok name, I'd probably try to move it in the Sales forum or Live Auction for a quick sale.

lotsofissues

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Auction Date: 06/08/03
Total Sales Amount: $120.00
Total Domains Sold: 7

No one else supports me?

INFORG

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think Lotsofissues is correct, but I think this is just the natural outcome from changing this to a more exclusive paid membership site. We have excluded many of the casual domain buyers.

The entire reason I upgraded to Platinum was the fact that I had sold $1000's worth of names with almost no effort here on the forum. I can barely give them away now. Let's face it, most of the platinum members have enough names already and are only going to buy when there is a huge upside potential.

If you are selling names here, that just means you priced them WAY too low. I'll continue to bargain shop, but DNF as a selling platform is just not very feasible anymore for me. Maybe it will turn around?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom