Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Something of interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sorry, this is a little long...Recently on tdnam, I made a mistake on a bid...

It was a decent name in .cc

Basically I wanted to bid $65 and accidentally bid $665 (there was about 18 hrs left on the auction and I was the only bidder at that point). Right away I e-mailed tdnam and they got back to me and said that they would delete the bid ,but that if this happened again with my account...my account may be suspended.

I noticed the next day, about 2 hrs before the auction was to end, that my incorrect bid of $665 was still up...I called tdnam and after waiting on hold for about 25 min...the rep told me that they were aware of the situation and would handle it.

Bottom line...The bid was never retracted and someone else bid the name up to $200+...I ended up winning the auction. Later I got an e-mail saying 'sorry for the confusion...we have deleted your bid'. This sound all good to me except that the other person bidding on this name would have gotten this name for about $70 buck most likely...and paid 200+

I think something stinks with this type of practice. Has anyone else experienced anything a little shady about tdnam?

Domain Days 2024

Duckinla

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
That is incredibly shady. They knowingly let your retracted bid run up the price for the number 2 guy. You have to wonder what other things they might do to run up bids.

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yeah. They could say they just did not get to it...and the other bidder would totally not be the wiser...

Come to think of it..I have won a few auctions at tdnam that I originally did not win...I was not the high bidder and then a few days later the name appeared in my won auctions items..I just assumed it was that the original bidder did not pay...but I wonder if I bid up the auction in a similar way to my latest experience and then bought later at an inflated price.

Actually the auction should be run again if there was a problem like this...Just my opinion.

Duckinla

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
"Once is an occurence, twice is a coincidence, three times is a pattern". If you've personally been involved in at least 3 auctions where the winning bidder did not claim the domain, sounds like a pattern.

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have won at least 3 auctons this way...If I had not had a typo bid...I never would have thought something shady was going on.

I am actually glad that there is a forum we cn discuss this type of stuff. This still may just be an oversight from a very large company...but they seemed to have capitalized on my last experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom