Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

something wrong with Sedo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

herebyman

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, I need your suggestion what to do.

I bought a nice .me domain in Sedo auction recently. After few months I would like to sell it through their auction system again, but my request for enlisting was rejected :eek: Why? Domain is really nice four letter word :veryangry:

britishbulldog

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sedo are tossers,i think you have to be their own little gang to get any joy,i had a one word spanish domain which they said was not good enough for their spanish auction and yet they had two word crap domains,i do wonder if they sell thee own domains sometimes.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's all subjective... but I think the number of available slots is much lower than the number of requests for auction listings. Clearly, they can satisfy only a few.
Don't blame it on Sedo if your name does not sell. If it's decent it should be able to attract at least one bid on its own in due time :approve:

Ebiz4india

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It's all subjective... but I think the number of available slots is much lower than the number of requests for auction listings. Clearly, they can satisfy only a few.
Don't blame it on Sedo if your name does not sell. If it's decent it should be able to attract at least one bid on its own in due time :approve:

I Agree with above quote...!

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Overall Sedo has been doing well by me lately, with a couple of exceptions.

On the auctions, it's absolutely BIZZARE what they accept and reject. They recently did an employment/careers auction.

They REJECTED Hire.info and Networking.info, and accepted some of hte lamest 2 and 3 word domains you can imagine, which did NOT sell. They would do better if they randomly accepted domains for those auctions.

britishbulldog

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Overall Sedo has been doing well by me lately, with a couple of exceptions.

On the auctions, it's absolutely BIZZARE what they accept and reject. They recently did an employment/careers auction.

They REJECTED Hire.info and Networking.info, and accepted some of hte lamest 2 and 3 word domains you can imagine, which did NOT sell. They would do better if they randomly accepted domains for those auctions.

Could not of put it better myself !

S

SedoCoUk

Thank you for your posts.

Sedo’s brokers carefully review all Premium/Themed Auction applications to determine if a domain meets all of the criteria of that auction. Applications often run into the tens of thousands, so selection is very limited. If your application is declined, you will receive a notification email; in this email, each domain submitted is marked by a letter in parentheses that corresponds with a specific reason. There are four primary reasons why a domain might be declined:

1. Reason "(Q)" – Quality: The domain you submitted does not fulfill the quality requirements (this is the most common reason a domain is declined).

Domains are only accepted when they are:
  • Generic, with appeal to a broad audience (car.com, creditcard.com or books.com)
  • Easy to spell and not prone to typographical errors when typed into a browser’s address bar
  • Product-related with a high commercial value (e.g. loans.com or stocks.com).
  • Geographically appropriate (an English .com might be approved whereas an English .de domain would not)
  • Not in potential violation of any third party rights, such as trademarks, intellectual property, or other famous names

Additionally, your domain may be declined for one or more of the following quality-related reasons:

• The domain name has been recently registered, so potential interest is indeterminable
  • The word or phrase making up the domain name returns limited search results
  • The domain name has low CPC/Advertising bids in relation to search terms
  • The extension of the domain is not one being considered for that particular auction event

2. Reason "(O)" – Whois: The ownership of the domain cannot be verified. This happens when the information in the domain’s Whois record does not match the contact information in your Sedo account. Please make sure that at least the email address on the Whois records matches the email address you have confirmed with Sedo; then, you may reapply through My Sedo > Domain Management.

3. Reason "(R)" – Reserve: The minimum/reserve price you suggested for the domain is too high for the current domain market, based on trends we’ve noticed in buying and selling. The decision email contains minimum/reserve recommendation from our brokers, and you may reapply for the Premium/Themed Auction Event using this recommended amount.

4. Reason "(F)" – Auction Full: Sedo has approved the maximum number of applications for this Auction Event. You may reapply for a later event through My Sedo > Domain Management.

If you would like further information about this or a specific application please contact support.sedo.com.

Thanks,

Lisa

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Geodomain theme auction, in 2008: Submitted 2 domains to Sedo, they initially rejected the first one. I called Sedo and placed my argument forth with one of the brokers. It got a bid of $25,000. Domain was eventually sold outside of Sedo for almost twice as much :D

Job theme auction, earlier this year: both quality domains were rejected. I called Sedo and explained why these were worthy domains and why my reserve was such. I lowered the reserve for one. None was sold.

Bottom line: sometimes it's a hit or miss. Call Sedo on the phone if you're confident about a particular domain's qualities. After all, they want the 10% fee.

dninvest

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sedo are tossers,i think you have to be their own little gang to get any joy,i had a one word spanish domain which they said was not good enough for their spanish auction and yet they had two word crap domains,i do wonder if they sell thee own domains sometimes.

Yep. That is Sedo.

Useless in my opinion.

south

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I also seem to recall seeing somethig in the requirements about having to earn a certain amount parking with sedo on a monthly basis, otherwise your submissions would be rejected automatically. So you can choose to lose money on sedo parking for a chance to sell your name(s) at their theme auctions, or develop them and make more, or park them elsewhere & earn more. Guess 10% isn't enough.

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Here we go again! I thought I would give Sedo another chance, so I submitted 5 domains to their "Adult Auction".

Sedo's reply:

Unfortunately, after a detailed assessment, the following domains have not qualified (Please see the reason for refusal in parentheses):
- eroticmomentsphotography.com (Q)
- adultcomics.info (Q)
- exoticdancerdirectory.com (Q)
- erect.info (Q)
- sybian.info (Q)

(Q) = The domain did not sufficiently fulfill the quality criteria necessary for the auction venue.

OK, so SINGLE WORD ENGLISH DICTIONARY domains are not "quality". Can't wait to see the winners they'll push when this starts in Aug 6.

Prepare to be mocked, Sedo!

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
No offense, but .info is still a weak TLD.
IMO adultcomics would be nice in .com but I'm sure Sedo have received better submissions.
I didn't even know what a sybian is :)

If you're posting these, I guess you're interested in peer feedback ;)

George Verdugo

Seasoned Domainer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
the same thing happened to me , i think sedo is so full of crap .. im so done with them
somebody here needs to start a new sedo :)

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
No offense, but .info is still a weak TLD.
IMO adultcomics would be nice in .com but I'm sure Sedo have received better submissions.
I didn't even know what a sybian is :)

If you're posting these, I guess you're interested in peer feedback ;)

I could certainly understand if they decided ".com" only. But what they've been doing in the past is ACCEPTING 2 word .info's and I think there was even a 3 word .info. That why so many of us are saying "WTF"?

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I only see 3 single words .info in the adult auction inventory

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom