Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

For Sale Somethings Messed Up At Namespro.ca

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just discovered this morning they are having an issue or perhaps all .ca seller's, not sure. Essentially getting false availability status on .ca, invalid on some, unavailable on one's clearly available etc. Finally managed to reg one I know was available and got the CIRA confirmation so hopefully it processes smoothly.

Hopefully they will sort it soon, I imagine many refunds today!

Have fun.

jaydub

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
No issues I have seen JP.....went smooth for me earlier today

angel69

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Is there a real advantage when using Canadian registrars ? I know you're both in Canada, but other than possibly better handling of .ca names.... (maybe reselling them too) But any big enough registrar can handle .ca and the US has most of the biggest ones, I prefer those (bigger) And they give good prices if bulk 'mainers. I'm trying to name the largest one (or some well-known ones other than NS) in Canada and I can't, I bought some names at Namescout early on but it was complicated (you had to email them to request a push, they may be over that by now)

Like in AU there's both Fabulous, and huge Melbourne IT and its fleet, this one is so big for the size of AU. Not sure about Canada with so many domainers there. The UK doesn't have one I'd run to either, and there are lots of 'mainers in Britain too (not 123-reg.co.uk for sure) Or even Germany. So it may prove better to stick to the good old American ones you can stand a la MoDaddy, Moniker (lol?), even Dotster if they give you good prices, they give those to some ppl but not me...

Last edited:

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I deal in a lot of ccTLDs (20+) but I often prefer to use a registrar from the same country.
Now that depends, for .de/.at./.nl/.be a German registrar can do the job just fine.
Each ccTLD has its own pecularities and often the registrars mess up, because they are not familiar enough with the procedures...
Sometimes the registrars are resellers for certain extensions. Afaik Moniker is a reseller of Key Systems/Domain24 for ccTLDs...

So yes, for .ca I would recommend using a Canadian registrar. Not that there isn't a single US registrar that could handle them properly... but I don't know any personally.

angel69

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's true, Katherine. But for some reason I had a few .co.uk and .de soon after I began and Moniker offered the best prices (and security), at least then (I know, a different tale now) I did check 123-REG.co.uk, I did not like it at all. For .de YoDaddy cost me a domain (they "deleted" it as soon as the recommended renewal period started, I could not renew it during the allowed period and was told by them to try to get it aftermarket or rereg it later, I kid you not, so GD .... ? never again for .co.uk, or .de.... but they're best for .mx and .co.mx, for a change) Moniker remains a good option for .co.uk and .de, support isn't as crucial when it comes to ccTLDs since they're harder to move generally and you tend to hold them longer...(and that's right, Moniker belongs to the KeyDrive conglomerate actually, so my .de names were in fact with KD all along)

The exception for us is the few .es names we own, RedCoruña.es is tops and it's cheap (avoid Nic.es like the plague) But those are a bit out of left field, most domainers are not into .es

BENELUX is a pretty European domainer thing (.be/.nl/.lu), I find that risky for mainstream 'mainers, they're not easy to trade aftermarket. But those 3 and .at have gained popularity, Sedo has held auctions just for BENELUX for ex... (EuroDNS, 1und1=null and others of the same ilk make so much US $ w/all those euro exts !) :cool:

Last edited:

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
They fixed the issue immediately that day BUT you could reg ANYTHING .ca at their rar that day. Refunds given quickly and all is well.

I haven't had a high followed by a low like that since I can recall :(

RTM.net

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
They fixed the issue immediately that day BUT you could reg ANYTHING .ca at their rar that day. Refunds given quickly and all is well.

I haven't had a high followed by a low like that since I can recall :(

I bet. I would have taken gc.ca if available .... :p

Namefox

Namefox
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Still messed up. I checked a domain yesterday that says it wasn't available. Checked again today and it was. I did another check just now and a domain that was available yesterday is not today. Thought someone registered it last night but whois says it was registered in 2012. Weird...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom