Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Sometimes it DOES take a Rocket Scientist!! (true story)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rajen

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Scientists at Roll Royce built a gun specifically to launch dead chickens at the windshields of airliners, and military jets , all traveling at maximum velocity.

The idea is to simulate the frequent incidents of collisions with airborne fowl to test the strength of the windshields.

American engineers heard about the gun and were eager to test it on the windshields of their new high speed trains. Arrangements were made, and a gun was sent to the American engineers.

When the gun was fired, the engineers stood shocked as the chicken hurled out of the barrel, crashed into the shatterproof shield, smashed it to smithereens, blasted through the control console, snapped the engineer's back-rest in two and embedded itself in the back wall of the cabin, like an arrow shot from a bow.

The horrified Americans sent Rolls Royce the disastrous results of the experiment, along with the designs of the windshield and begged the British scientists for suggestions.

You're going to love this..... Rolls Royce responded with a one-line memo:

"Defrost the chicken"

RegFee

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Americans like to design their products conservatively, so, while you may think they mistakingly forgot to defrost the chicken, the REAL story is that they were testing their trains against flying frozen birds. duh.

namewaiter

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Scientists at Roll Royce built a gun specifically to launch dead chickens at the windshields of airliners, and military jets , all traveling at maximum velocity.

The idea is to simulate the frequent incidents of collisions with airborne fowl to test the strength of the windshields.

XXXXXXX engineers heard about the gun and were eager to test it on the windshields of their new high speed trains. Arrangements were made, and a gun was sent to the XXXXXXX engineers.

When the gun was fired, the engineers stood shocked as the chicken hurled out of the barrel, crashed into the shatterproof shield, smashed it to smithereens, blasted through the control console, snapped the engineer's back-rest in two and embedded itself in the back wall of the cabin, like an arrow shot from a bow.

The horrified XXXXXXX sent Rolls Royce the disastrous results of the experiment, along with the designs of the windshield and begged the British scientists for suggestions.

"Defrost the chicken"

Insert country you are attempting to demoralize here XXXXXX

DNGeeks

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It is interesting to note that the television show Mythbusters took this one on in episode 9. They also revisited this myth in a later episode but I don't know which one that was. I don't remember if the actual story was true, but they did build a chicken cannon and fire it at airplane windows and styrofoam targets and sheets of glass.

The obvious applies, frozen would break the window, thawed would not break the window.

RegFee

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
DNGeeks said:
It is interesting to note that the television show Mythbusters took this one on in episode 9. They also revisited this myth in a later episode but I don't know which one that was. I don't remember if the actual story was true, but they did build a chicken cannon and fire it at airplane windows and styrofoam targets and sheets of glass.

The obvious applies, frozen would break the window, thawed would not break the window.

Mythbusters is so cool

Grush

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
OMG, I saw that episode. Good story BTW.

rajen

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
namewaiter said:

XXXXXXX engineers heard about the gun and were eager to test it on the windshields of their new high speed trains. Arrangements were made, and a gun was sent to the XXXXXXX engineers.

The horrified XXXXXXX sent Rolls Royce the disastrous results of the experiment, along with the designs of the windshield and begged the British scientists for suggestions.

"Defrost the chicken"

Insert country you are attempting to demoralize here XXXXXX

Dude, didnt mean to demoralize/hurt anyone, this is just a joke which someone posted on my site & i thought i should share it with you guys coz i found it damn funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom