Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

sony is useless...

Status
Not open for further replies.

csitenet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I bought 45 SDM m51 sony lcd monitors from a shop for a cheap bulk price, they are all boxed and brand new, 40 worked perfect, 5 had a serious problem displaying, i was told to squeez the bottom left hand side of the monitor to get the image back, it works BUT after 5 mins the image goes again, i searhed the internet and it appears its a serious flaw with the sony production of that monitor that the graphics connection is faulty, i contacted sony about this, they said send in the monitors, i send them in, they offered me the same kind of monitors but they looked like they have been used for over 5 years, very dirty, some even scratched, i got in touch with them to get my old ones back to try and fix myself and now they say they have been sent to the main factory area for dismantlement...

Anyone have any idea how this warranty thing works? why did i end up with 5 crappy second hand monitors, i thought if i send them the lcd's they would have fixed it and sent it back!

SouthernTn

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I thought with the warranty they were suspose to fix what you had, or send brand new ones.. seems they didn't... dirty

LazyD

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I don't buy any Sony products now,what happened to you seems to be happening to a lot of others who send stuff in.

VisualDigits

The One
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What you saying is very weird. Such things never happened to me. If you are unhappy with a product you can return it within 30 days, no questions asked, money back guaranteed. Where did you buy those monitors?

csitenet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i bought them from silicon group. i did try and get a refund, but they told me its overdue :-(

labrocca

Omniscient
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sony makes crap hardware and has since the early 90s.

VisualDigits

The One
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
hey labrocca, I agree with you. IMHO sony products only look good on the outside. They are very fragile and that's why they don't last long.

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Definately do not purchase Sony products. However, this will not help CSite right now. For one when you utilize the manufacture's warranty you should either receive a new product or them to fix your product. When you receive a replacement you will have to check their warranty. It is usually 30-90 days if I recall correctly.

csitenet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i sent the ones they sent me back to them just now, will see in a few weeks what they will send me next, i also sent them this address http://www.ticon.net/~n9ewo/m51.html

for them to fix their monitors for god sakes, even the guy who wrote that had the same warranty problem as me :-(

After reading the horror stories here on the internet that Sony is doing nothing to correct the problem (sending refurbs that are worse than the one sent in..so the warranty is pretty much worthless), I decided to take a shot to perhaps fix it. As you can figure, doing this will indeed void the "so-called" warranty. It will not be for the faint of heart however.

Seems sony warranty is WORTHLESS. At least they should be pleased someone else came up with a fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom