Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Sony Profits down... wait for it... 98% !!??!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The only thing I remember about SONY is that they actually broke my monitor during repair (dropped it on the ground and broke it) and then eventually replaced it with a refurbish. I would NEVER buy from them again.

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
lol, our Sony TV lasted 20 years....it finally gave out last week..... :sad:

Sony makes good products.....they make the best TV's out there at the moment and they do so many great things! (PS2, cell phones, etc)

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thats nothing dev, ..you have to remember that's profit line.. not revenues.. thosands of publically traded comapnies operate in the red..

I dont know the sony situation..but many times in a situation like this..is when you BUY ther stock..let it fall as the doomsayers comein and spread the fear.. pick where yopu thinkn the bottom is ..then hang out for 2 quarters of positive profits to show back on the books let the hypsters get even stirred up that the stocks is going to $400 and sell..

DO NOT JUST RUN OUT AND DO THIS.. check quarterly reports ..see if it is like a one time charge or something .. a right off for a non performing subside or something. etc...

Looks like the problem is an expected one..http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/3092795.stm

Sony isnt going anywhere's.. probably way over staffed consideringt he production drop in playstations.. .. expect a few big layoffs .. and the doomsayers.. expect the stock to take a good hit .. and find yourself and nice entry place to buy..

http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=SNE&d=t

http://biz.yahoo.com/p/s/sne.html
(my initial take is it is still overvalued .)

Nice cash on on 8 Billion..

Short interest is rising ( a signal that players are expecting the price to drop further)..

Shares Short 4.46M
Percent of Float 0.5%
Shares Short
(Prior Month) 3.33M
Short Ratio 2.44
Daily Volume 1.83M

I guess what I am saying is dont get all excited over headlines..

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by nameslave
The only thing I remember about SONY is that they actually broke my monitor during repair (dropped it on the ground and broke it) and then eventually replaced it with a refurbish. I would NEVER buy from them again.

Thats halarious!

I have a sony dvdplayer/all in one. it is "ok" or not bad.

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by bidawinner
... pick where yopu thinkn the bottom is ...
THAT ALONE is the most difficult part of investment ... or speculation.

unclewilco

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i never had any other TV... and never will (they last that long, touch wooden shed)

(ok there is a sony plant about 15 miles away from me, and relatives have worked there, so large reductions!!)

but i have had 3 sony TVs (all still work), over the last 14 years.. plus mrs uncle.wilco still got her 13inch b&W portable thats 25 years old and works great.. from a car battery at the stables, thats feed form a windmill!!! (no kidding its the future!)

plus i want to sell pSXimport.com !

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by unclewilco
i never had any other TV... and never will (they last that long, touch wooden shed)

(ok there is a sony plant about 15 miles away from me, and relatives have worked there, so large reductions!!)

but i have had 3 sony TVs (all still work), over the last 14 years.. plus mrs uncle.wilco still got her 13inch b&W portable thats 25 years old and works great.. from a car battery at the stables, thats feed form a windmill!!! (no kidding its the future!)

plus i want to sell pSXimport.com !

:laugh:

Hey did you get the Snot.us ok ?

Cant wait to see what you do with it ! :laugh:

unclewilco

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
yes... thanks going to link it to

http://www.coughs.net/

For all your symptons of the common colds and coughs and the cure!!

nothing exciting really!

devolution

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I find that Sony stuff tends to be very over-rated and expensive.
I still remember when most Sony stuff was at least double the price of most other manfacturer's gear. IE: A 14" TV costing £150 from say Philips, Sony charged £350!

Just because they were Sony, they thought they could charge what they liked >:-( - they're slowly learning that won't wash anymore.

Originally posted by GT Web
lol, our Sony TV lasted 20 years....it finally gave out last week..... :sad:

Sony makes good products.....they make the best TV's out there at the moment and they do so many great things! (PS2, cell phones, etc)

RMF

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
AWw, 98%, thats to bad :)

I guess everyone forgets how much they've made in the past.

RMF

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom