Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Sony Viao Laptop ***dropped***

Status
Not open for further replies.

freestyler

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I dropped my vaio laptop this morning, it wont work now? when i boot up i get the message, operating system not found, any thoughts? whats wrong. thanks

Prosperous

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
freestyler said:
I dropped my vaio laptop this morning, it wont work now? when i boot up i get the message, operating system not found, any thoughts? whats wrong. thanks
When I read the subject line I thought this was about Sony forgetting to renew one of their laptop domains or something... :cheeky:

Did you check Google? It's a weird coincidence (or is it??) that the first two links when searching there for 'laptop' + 'operating system not found' each concern a Viao!?
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&safe=off&q="operating+system+not+found"+laptop

Best of luck!
Rob

csitenet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The hard disk connector is no longer connected or loose.
Best option, take it to your local technitian. Ask him to check all connections.

Jack Gordon

Serial Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
try dropping it again, but on the other side of your house :-D

jojoyohan

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If its under warrenty you can have an Indian named "Bob" tell you how to fix it. If the connecter is disconnected as long as you know where it is you can open the case and connect it.

NavySeals91

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If its not the connecter, I would have to say the disk was chipped, or the reader was damaged. I recommend you go to a computer technician and have him/her examen it.

RTM.net

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Interesting... in the latest PC Magazine (US Edition) there is an article on how certain of the latest laptops detect impending falls and automatically try to protect the hard drives. (A gyro sensor / accelerometer that triggers a quick return and parking of the drive heads.)

Of course, it depends from how high and how hard it falls. Sorry to hear about your troubles. Again, it may just be that the drive isn't connected properly. The modern drives are shockingly resistant to impact, even during operation. At best, you will only have a few damaged blocks....

Rob

Beachie

Mr Flippy Returns..
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The G-force sensor only works when the power is on, as far as I'm aware.. The drive wouldn't have time to spin up and park in the time it takes to hit the ground. A drop usually won't affect the drive too badly, but as dntalk pointed out, the IDE cables can come loose, and maybe (less likely) the power to the drive.. If you're familiar with laptops, you could attempt to open it, but don't even think about it if you haven't opened one before. They typically have little hidden catches and you'll need to know where to lever the case off. They're also quite delicate inside.

freestyler

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It was on when it fell, fell from about 3 ft high and then automatically restarted and i got the message operating system could not be found.

thank you all for your thoughts. I have given it at comp usa will know today what the damage is ,before they start working on it. Hopefully nothing major.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom