Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Soon We Can Skip The Races

Status
Not open for further replies.

ObtainADomain

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I thoroughly enjoyed my first Dnforum auction last night and can't reccomend it enough to others.

What I think would make the auction even better is if we were able to text message (so that messages could be seen by all at the auction) while the auction is going on.

This would create even more friendly competition (& thus more fun) as I can picture two members who are fighting over a domain can then taunt each other as the bidding goes up, daring the other to top their bid. I bet this would create more profit for those selling domains and more incentive for others to come enjoy a "sporting event" type of atmosphere.

During the auction, I was often wondering if others are thinking the same thing when I see that a junk name has been given a $4000 starting price that is laughable. With text, we could have the "peanut gallery" saying what's on everyone's minds.

What do you think?

Upvote 0

sornman

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thats what the 'Chat' is for... to keep the clutter out of the auction system itself... Usually most of the people attending the auction are also in the chat doing exactly what you mentioned. If you run a decent resolution (or dual monitors), you should be able to arrange the window sizes properly to have them both viewable at the same time.

Nexus

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'd also add that just as people should not make derogatory posts in someone else's sales thread (as Bob noted earlier), people should ALSO not be able to make disparaging remarks in the midst of an auction.

That would devalue the auction in my opinion. I would prefer people to be led more by their own opinion, than influence by others, especially those who may have vendettas against the person auctioning the name. It would become chaos.

As sornman noted though, you could always "chat" during the auction.

~ Nexus

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom