Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Soundalike names such as haybc

Status
Not open for further replies.

dirt

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
My thinking went like this:
ABC.com is not available so how about something that sounds the same? So I bought:
<edited>
As you probably guessed I am new to the forum;) Is there any hope for me?! What are your thoughts on soundalike names? Is there any hope for these domains?! What's the best thing I can do!

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi

Welcome to the DNForum.com!

Please do not post your domains in this section of the forum.

We have an "Appraisal" section, if you want opinions and valuations.

Thanks

dirt

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sorry about that, biggedon, I won't do it again!

The Appraisal section seems to give valuations but not many opinions, which is why I posted here - to get a better understanding of what might be a good name or a bad one. I have more soundalikes, besides the ones I listed, and I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
dirt said:
Sorry about that, biggedon, I won't do it again!

The Appraisal section seems to give valuations but not many opinions, which is why I posted here - to get a better understanding of what might be a good name or a bad one. I have more soundalikes, besides the ones I listed, and I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not.

Hi

valuations sometimes equal opinions.

if you're posting names that have no obvious meaning, how can one expect an opinion or even to get some ideas for usage.

so....what's the motivation for registering those "sound-alikes"?

do they have special appeal for you.....are there plans to develop them?

have you seen recent sales of those types of names or are you predicting or preparing for a niche' market?

just my opinion :rolleyes:

dirt

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks, you've given me a few things to think about like prior research, niche markets and development. I thought the names had an obvious meaning - ABC. Therefore might be wanted by many people in many markets who want to emphasise simple, easy or step by step products or services. However, I am realising that the names are probably too complicated to type in even if they sound simple, so perhaps I am defeating the object.

I'm sure many people have used soundalike names and I wondered if they had any helpful comments. But I'll list them on the Appraisals forum so people can give a valuation. Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom