Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Sounds like I need a Lawyer....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bubbleboy

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Everyone said... "Stay away from Registerfly" Well, I've always kept 100-150 names there because they run specials from time to time, etc, etc.

The 1st of November, I paid Registerfly for a batch of names including one of my special names " neopix.com " Well, Registerfly blew it (I thought it was Registerfly) and that name went to Enom as an expired name. I've sent certifed letters to Enom, that were refused, emails etc. ICANN got Registerfly to admit the mistake and they "credited my account for the payment." ICANN would not say anything to Enom, so ...Bottom line is Enom has my name.

Today, I get phone and email messages from Enom saying they are ending the relationship with Registerfly because of "such troubles" and my names are already registered with Enom and are in transition to a new account with Enom. Neopix.com is not one of them.

In politics, the rule is to "follow the money" to find out who is the one who benefits from something "that happens." I think Enom may be the problem. Any ideas?

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Someday when I grow up, I want to be as big and as powerful as ICANN and make lots of money for doing nothing.

Bubbleboy

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You're not going to believe this, Registryfly emailed me that it had been moving away from it's reseller relationship with Enom over a year. Enom is not only stealing names from everybody, but trying to take accounts from others, as well. It's always wrong to steal, unfortunately that's how the big money is made, stealing from the public.

Has anybody else had their names "somehow end-up" hoarded or sold by Enom? Sounds like a "class action" or RICO complaint.....
What do you think?

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score

Bubbleboy

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'd seen much of that Registerfly bashing, before. I too ...thought it was Registerfly at fault. I then looked at the console for the transaction involving neopix.com. Registerfly made 315 attempts to update this registration with Enom before the expiration date. Something didn't click. I'd had neopix.com for 5 years registered with an Enom reseller. What had changed?

I later found out that Registerfly had been moving accounts away from Enom to their own registrar since Feb of 2006. Going back to that date, I found 6 more saleable names that had "somehow" vanished from my account in the renewal process. Enom had already sold 5 of them.

In politics, the rule is to "follow the money." Registerfly may be slack, but just about all registrars have cut back on "customer service" to maintain low price. Enom is the only beneficiary of the "name drops." I have no way of proving it, but their interface in involved in every one of the "name drops."

After all, The best way to steal is to steal from someone who won't miss it ...for a while. I don't check my domains, even weekly! They have a way to take the property of another and convert it to cash, and at a BIG profit. There should be regulations against registrars re-selling domains for this very reason. It is too easy for them to cheat, to stonewall until it is too late to recover your domains.

Americans are loosing trust in one another. Brokers are manipulating stocks, Jewelers are swapping peoples diamonds for lesser ones, Insurance compaines are denying legitimate claims, Congress is writing laws to help those who contribute to their campaigns. Bush is borrowing money and loading debt onto future generations to help Halliburton (and the others) continue to profit from war .....and, at the same time giving tax cuts to the very richest Americans (funded by replacing the lost tax revenue with borrowing) ...I could go on, and on!

Follow the money! Enom was being hurt by Registerfly taking over its own registrar functions. The only BIG profit in the registrar business is from stealing from your clients, because the margins are so thin. The letter from Enom to Registerfly clients was not about notice or even news. It was about salvaging their gravy train. That notice was not ethical, nor probably legal.
Their intent is to take clients away from Registerfly. All you resellers, out there, had better wake up to it!!!

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
so how long have you worked for registerfly?
i'm no sherlock holmes but i've never heard one person stick up for registerfly, let alone take their side. with only 32 posts to your credit it looks a little fishy?
enom are crap i admit & i have as little to do with them as possible. i only accept an occassional push there & never register with them. thier security flaws are infamous & frankly they don't give a toss. it's staggering how many people on this forum have hundreds, if not thousands regged with them.
so, your link to registerfly is......?
thanks
Pred :)

Bubbleboy

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the words of encouragement.... Read a little more on my history.
I've been on the forum for three (3) years ...longer than you have...
I'm just not as wordy! ....Enough of that.

I like most of what you've said, and I share your doubts about the process.
All registrars are ****. However, having been around a little longer ...and deeply involved in the political process that makes our nations laws... I know a set-up when I see one. In this case, Registerfly was set-up by Enom.
No, I don't think it was hard to do, ...all of them suck ...at looking-out for the customer. Enom is (the one) walking away with all the gold!
Nobody else is making jack! All I'm saying, is that "somethings up" when Enom is a "hero." Just ...Look a little deeper, thats all.

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
mmmm. noone is saying enom are heros, not unless they are very misguided. i agree enom are mopping up domains & renewals , when they should be fined & have their arses spanked as regfly are directly linked to them. enoms customer support etc is woeful.
enom have some shady practices i'm sure.
Registerfly however have themselves to blame for thier own downfall. ask anyone on this forum. they failed in every discipline. you'll find polls on here & other forums for each area. they get minimum marks.
forgive me if my post was suspicious of you, it's just we had someone recently who was trying to bring monikers good name (the only decent guys) into disrepute. he only had a handful of posts too.
i can see you joined in 2003 but it doesn't cut much ice. you need to contribute to the forum for it to count.
you have to remember there's a lot of guys in europe (myself included) who have been in the game years but have relatively recently found this forum. in 10 years we have only managed to get 1 off the ground in the UK! lol
anyway, take it easy
Pred ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom