Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Spammers and Other People Who Should F* Off

Status
Not open for further replies.

BLazeD

Selling
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I created a RSS directory, and considering I have only advertised it in a few places it is doing really well.

However, someone has included it in auto-submission software, and I now get Spammed daily with over 1,000 just feeds (with links to keyword filled junk articles that never change or get updated).

I have found out the program and email the author many times, to no avail (dummysoftware.com).

I just love it how some people are prepared to try and ruin other peoples hard work for their own ill-gotten gains. I am now waiting on my website developer to fix this (but like everything else he will take weeks).

Wish I could get take back the time that these spammers are robbing from me - both from the dummy software developer, and also the people submitting their junk feeds - hope it is none of you guys!

Domain Days 2024

labrocca

Omniscient
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Add a captcha to your site. Let me know if you need assistance with that. I can do it pretty easily.

Also if you want a fast fix just change the input names..that should thwart them until they adjust but it's really easy to make that change.

BLazeD

Selling
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Whats a captcha? (I dont know much about coding, someone else did everything).

Cheers

Domagon

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
A captcha is often a randomly generated image of usually a word and/or number one must type in to continue.

Humans can far more easily decypher the content of images than a computer program, in particular scripts; the days of captchas are likely numbered, but for now they are still quite effective.

You may do better to manually add RSS feeds yourself and/or volunteers. Quality not quantity.

Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom