Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Spammers getting dumber?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JMJ

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I open one of my email accounts today and not so surprisingly it's full of spam. About 1000 of them were from the same source so in these cases I'll generally try and trace them back to notify the hosting company or ISP. Well in this case the domain that they were using/linking in their spam mail wasn't even a registered name. :lol: They must have been so busy getting ready to blast out their spam they forgot to register the damn name they were spamming. I imagine if I got 1000 of them theres got to be a crapload of emails out there. Anyone have any idea what to do with this name? I thought about registering it and pointing it the FBI website, SpamCops, or something but I don't want my name anywhere near it.

Domain Days 2024

Bender

Bending
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any idea what to do with this name? I thought about registering it and pointing it the FBI website, SpamCops, or something but I don't want my name anywhere near it.
well, if you reg it and they keep sending spam you might be considered the spam source=>problems.

JMJ

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well I feel you there Drop but this was the actual link being spammed. Not the spoofed email.

labrocca

Omniscient
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Some spam is sent just to see if you respond or if you get it. Then they later hit you with more spam. Sadly most don't have good server side spam detection.

JMJ

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Nah no images or files to download on this one. Just a regular old click here to see how stupid I am link. haha I have spam detection on my server but while it helps with the bad stuff it also hurts on the good stuff. I get and send many emails which get triggered by them all the time. Got autoblacklisted via comcast just last week for sending my customer 1 billing request which I do via html link. So I had to go manually remove myself.

JMJ

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yeah I did. Just found it funny they were spamming an available name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom