Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Wanted: Website Spending up to 20K for names regged at Go-Daddy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhoDatDog

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I prefer generics or PPC names. I will look at other registrars, as well. I am buying from XX to XX,XXX.

Price them right. Ask yourself if you would buy the name you are trying to sell to me for anywhere close to what you are asking.....if you didn't own it.

And then ask yourself if a knowledgeable domainer would rather have the name you are trying to sell or the cash you are trying to get.

If you are selling something that you would buy yourself for that price, or that someone else in the business would rather have instead of the cash you are asking for, then it might be priced to sell and we can do some business.

I will thank you now for sending the names. I will respond when I would rather have the name than the cash you are asking for. I will pull the trigger for the higher priced names but you have to feel some pain if you want the big money. If you aren't feeling a little seller's remorse then I probably am not spending the big money.

Last edited:

WhoDatDog

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Probably dotcom only. I can't imagine buying something else right now, but if you have something in another extentions that makes $$$ I guess I would take a look.....possibly a .net or .org if the dotcom is a full functioning site owned by someone else......but it needs to get decent traffic or revenue....legitimate traffic and revenue. Whereas, on the dotcom I might buy a nice brandable.

Thanks for the names so far. The quality is pretty good on this request, and there are some good names I am seeing.

Remember, it might be a good name and worth decent money, but the higher up we go on the price the more pain you gotta feel. Sometimes, you might even have a name that you were offered 8K on a few years ago......it might not be worth that now.....it could be worth half of that. If houses and stocks can drop in price then so can domains.....can't always get the all-time best price.

But I am getting some good names to look at, so thanks for that, and keep them coming. You might even have a name that is a decent deal, but there could be another name that is even a better deal, so don't sweat it if I don't get back to you.

Last edited:

AIRLEB1984

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Just did a quick transaction with Ed, many thanks for quick payment genuine guy and business is well appreciated.

WhoDatDog

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Just did a quick transaction with Ed, many thanks for quick payment genuine guy and business is well appreciated.

Thanks....the name is Eric.

Been getting some decent names. Keep them coming. Sometimes with the good names people are reluctant to provide all of the relevant info. For example, if you have a good name that is worth 3K right now "as is" because the name is strong, then why not facilitate a sale by saying: "not only is this name worth 3K even if it had no traffic at all, but it also makes $5 per month.....that's free money". Now that is how you get the sale.

Most people are so afraid of having someone offer them a revenue multiple for a good name that they hide the info and play dumb. That is fine, but if you want to sell a decent name then you need to jump in front of the weakest point and get that info out there.

Most every name I have bought is "as is", with no stats asked for, but the higher you go in price the more info you want to have. That is good business. If you have a powerful name that is worth good money, I think you will have a better chance of getting that money if you provide all of the info you have. If the name is really that good then it won't get "boxed in" and treated like a revenue name only.

eamD

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I prefer generics or PPC names. I will look at other registrars, as well. I am buying from XX to XX,XXX.

Price them right. Ask yourself if you would buy the name you are trying to sell to me for anywhere close to what you are asking.....if you didn't own it.

And then ask yourself if a knowledgeable domainer would rather have the name you are trying to sell or the cash you are trying to get.

If you are selling something that you would buy yourself for that price, or that someone else in the business would rather have instead of the cash you are asking for, then it might be priced to sell and we can do some business.

I will thank you now for sending the names. I will respond when I would rather have the name than the cash you are asking for. I will pull the trigger for the higher priced names but you have to feel some pain if you want the big money. If you aren't feeling a little seller's remorse then I probably am not spending the big money.

PM sent

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom