Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Sponsor.kids.us

Status
Not open for further replies.

izopod

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Coming Soon! This will be your chance as a large, medium or small business to sponsor a kids.us page. Avoid the cost of developing, maintaining and building your own site and reach the proven traffic of an established site. You can increase exposure for your brands and products by becoming a sponsor of fun and engaging content created for "kids only. Sponsors can choose from monthly or annual packages, with shared or exclusive sponsorships. Sponsors have included Big Company A, B and C.

Signed,

izopod
President, Sponsor.kids.us

(reg'd just a few minuntes ago after realizing their could be profit in getting "kids only" content" sponsored... Notice I didn't say advertise, because blantant advertising probably won't go over well... oh, and Advertise.kids.us was taken... Can't believe Sponsor.kids.us wasn't.... Ah, just like domainers to skip "non-profit" type words... LOL!!

Spider

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I know you have a head rush from your recent registration but you may wanna sit back and really think about how much time, money and effort you really want to put into this. It's going to be difficult to convince people to advertise on a site that will have little to no direct access to users with the ability to purchase anything.

izopod

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by 207
It's going to be difficult to convince people to advertise on a site that will have little to no direct access to users with the ability to purchase anything.

Hmm.... McDonald's, IBM et al spend billions each year sponsoring kids only events. It's about being seen as a "public servant", and in turn getting a little self promotion in there. Sponsorships are completely written off at tax time. So the barrier to entry for a company is very minimal. How could you not want to "advertise" for "free"?

btw: I agree with you completely that kids can't use credit cards, and parents would be relunctant shoppers on a kid's only site. So who would want to create a site in this type of environment? Your answer: Big corporations wanting to be seen a "Public Servants". They need a lot of image rebuilding after the fall of the stockmarket.

FineE

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Kids are a huge market both directly and indirectly. The play here is primarialy branding.

1) The eight year old today will be eighteen ten years from now. Companies know this and spend $$$ advertising to kids.

2) Kids ask thier parents to buy stuff after they see a brand.

3) You can drive traffic from a kids.us site to a non kids.us site. Just include the hyperlink as text for example:

http://www.kids.us/buy.html

Now if you visit the above site because of my post I rest my case.

This extension will do very well. Now if I develop Canada.kids.us as a site about Canada for US kids, I may well be interested in izopod's proposed service.

izopod

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by FineE

This extension will do very well. Now if I develop Canada.kids.us as a site about Canada for US kids, I may well be interested in izopod's proposed service.

I'm sure there would be more than a few sponsors lining up to sponsor your site FineE. Canada is our closest ally, and have much in common with (love of hockey, hiking, etc). It will be very interesting to see how you do the site. The sky is the limit!

izopod

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I certainly will...

Stay tuned!

Originally posted by OnSpec
Izopod

Please keep me posted on these developments.

Thanks.

Nexus

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by izopod
You can increase exposure for your brands and products by becoming a sponsor of fun and engaging content created for "kids only. Sponsors can choose from monthly or annual packages, with shared or exclusive sponsorships. Sponsors have included Big Company A, B and C.
"Sponsor.kids.us" seems strategic, but were I you, I would also register: sponsorkids.us and sponsorkidsus.com.

I'd make "sponsorkids.us" your *real* base of operations, and use the "sponsor.kids.us" as a sample website that shows how a sponsor can brand inside the namespace. The "official" site won't be so restricted, and you can develop it and launch it immediately without paying a $250 content review fee.

The people at SponsorKIDS.com may hold some useful ideas for you in terms of how they targeted and allied themselves with.

~ Nexus

zouzas

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Coming Soon! This will be your chance as a large, medium or small business to sponsor a kids.us page. Avoid the cost of developing, maintaining and building your own site and reach the proven traffic of an established site. You can increase exposure for your brands and products by becoming a sponsor of fun and engaging content created for "kids only. Sponsors can choose from monthly or annual packages, with shared or exclusive sponsorships. Sponsors have included Big Company A, B and C.

Signed,

izopod
President, Sponsor.kids.us

(reg'd just a few minuntes ago after realizing their could be profit in getting "kids only" content" sponsored... Notice I didn't say advertise, because blantant advertising probably won't go over well... oh, and Advertise.kids.us was taken... Can't believe Sponsor.kids.us wasn't.... Ah, just like domainers to skip "non-profit" type words... LOL!!

My hat off to ya Izopod ,what a location to send companies looking to sponsor other kids.us sites,,you could act as a medium to other kids.us sites,,,,,,

once one company sees their competition in the directory it will be a snow ball or more like an avalanche Bugerking.kids.us will not allow only McDonalds.Kids.us in the directory ,,,,AOL will want to make sure they get there Health.kids.us in there as soon as they can and so on.

zouzas

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by zouzas

My hat off to ya Izopod ,what a location to send companies looking to sponsor other kids.us sites,,you could act as a medium to other kids.us sites,,,,,,

I'll be for your first customer im looking for sponsors for the first half dozen sites going live soon.

info.kids.us

News.kids.us

Weather.kids.us

Space.kids.us

Kids.kids.us

Net.Kids.us

US.kids.us

e.kids.us we can work out a finders fee or something :cheeky:

OnSpec

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Izo:

Let me know if you think Magis.kids.us fits the bill. I'd like to look at sharing the development on this. Thanks

OnSpec

izopod

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

we can work out a finders fee or something :cheeky:

Sounds like a plan!

I shouldn't have any trouble finding companies who would like to sponsor names like "Business.kids.us" and "Weather.kids.us" :-D

izopod

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by OnSpec
Izo:

Let me know if you think Magis.kids.us fits the bill. I'd like to look at sharing the development on this. Thanks

OnSpec

If we're Talking "Magic.kids.us" yes!!! "Magis.kids.us" probably not!!--lol!

Very nice name Onspec!! In fact that was the very first name I tried to reg, but was taken. Most kids love magic (I know I did), and would venture to guess a large company wouldn't mind sponsoring your site AT ALL!! If I were securing a deal for you, I would make sure the sponsorship would pay for a content rich site that would attract kids.

OnSpec

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

If we're Talking "Magic.kids.us" yes!!! "Magis.kids.us" probably not!!--lol!

Very nice name Onspec!! In fact that was the very first name I tried to reg, but was taken. Most kids love magic (I know I did), and would venture to guess a large company wouldn't mind sponsoring your site AT ALL!! If I were securing a deal for you, I would make sure the sponsorship would pay for a content rich site that would attract kids.

It is Magic.kids.us Izo. We should chat about how this might roll out. I'm thinking David Copperfield, Cirque du Soleil and other may fit the bill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom