Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Spy/Ad-Ware Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
One of my client/friend's computers has been infected by Access Plugin, IEMonit, Whazit/RNd and GoHip. Is anyone here familiar with these creatures? Thanks.

I

impactadmin

Hi,

I recommend that you use the spysweeper software to remove the spyware off your computer:

You can download the trial version which has not time limit as well as removes the spyware it finds without having to purchase from www.download.com or www.webroot.com

It is by far one of the better programs to use.

Thanks
Huseyin

Tony

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The best program I have found for adware/spyware would be HijackThis. You can download it from www.download.com .

freestyler

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
the best program i found is spyware doctor, it even catches keyloggers like spector soft and remote spyware, adware .... it is available on trial at www.download.com but it sure is worth the $40 to buy it after the trial.

I have bought it and have found it to be the best so far :)

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the suggestions. Yes, download.com has a lot of stuff that is useful. I just got back from this 3 hour plus on-site job, and good that everything seems cleaned out.

I always wonder why I give people (my friends and clients alike) the impression that I know not only hosting but EVERYTHING about computer, from hardware upgrade to networking, etc. LOL!

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I recently installed Ad-aware Ver 6 and it's sister programme Ad-Watch. Ad-Watch monitors the connection whenever you are online and removes spyware as it attempts to embed itself on your PC - useful.

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Don't want to go into details, but the guy that I helped out the other day actually had Ad-aware installed already. It *seemed* to have cleaned out the naughty stuff, but then they showed up again after reboot, hijacking everything from browser homepage to favorites and even creating new desktop shortcuts. And I need to MANUALLY locate the spy files, rename and delete them one by one. Damn it.

By the way, I just got another order for some e-mail virus problems. Why am I doing this all the time? I'm NOT really an expert! :cry:

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Does he keep it up-to-date? It's a bit like an anti-virus programme and needs regular updating. My Ad-Watch monitor has blocked and logged attempts to attack my registry even today.

DomainQuay

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
How do you know if you have spyware on your computer?

DomainQuay

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Nameslave - maybe your skills are pointing you toward a second career?

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
DomainQuay said:
How do you know if you have spyware on your computer?

Sometimes you do because you get all sorts of popups and annoying interruptions - sometimes you don't because they are working "behind the scenes" sending out details about your activity. Download a trial of Ad-Aware to check, you might be surprised at what you find!

Prosperous

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
SpyBot Search And Destroy is great (and free), too!

DomainQuay

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Mr Webname said:
Sometimes you do because you get all sorts of popups and annoying interruptions - sometimes you don't because they are working "behind the scenes" sending out details about your activity. Download a trial of Ad-Aware to check, you might be surprised at what you find!

Thanks, Mr Webname - I'll do that!

Joni

bladex5k

Been Around the Block
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ad-aware V6 is probably the bes tool that I have found. You can most likely download the trial version at www.download.com

Prosperous

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ad-Aware is good (and there is a FREEware version of it, btw), but still does not find certain entries, so SpyBot for example is a welcome addition to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom