Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Stand up for our rights!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrafficSecret

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Freedom of speach, Freedom of thought, but do we have Freedom of registering domain names? If it wasnt for the Corprate Ladder the domain industry would be fair game. But there are alot of companies like Google that think every typo or variation of google is there's. If they want a name they should pay for it! These companies are crookes and theifs.

We need to stand up for our rights. A new law needs to go into affect preventing these corporations to steal our registered names without a real legit reason.

HERE ARE THE FACTS THAT THEY DONT UNDERSTAND

google.whatever could have accronyms like this

Go O. G. L. E. ( Go Ohio Girl Learning Elfs )
So do they have rights to O.G.L.E. ?
so if you had a banner that said GO O.G.L.E. !!! would that be google? No!
If they where to make up an website it might be GoOGLE.org (if it was available) The OGLE have rights to GoOGLE.org.
JUST BECAUSE GOOGLE AND ALL THESE OTHER COMPANIES ARE RICH doesnt mean they should get away with MURDER!

You guys getting this!?

Stand up for you rights. Get a commity together. Form some new rules. Make some new laws.

Your Dogs name was google years before google.com came out, right? Doesnt that mean you have rights? :lol:

CrazyDev

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Google is not your average 10 uniques a day search engine buddy :)

I can understand your point, but we can't really do anything about it, Google is taking over the world..

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i feel your pain

it's true that companies will not bother to play the drop game or do the research and actively try to register the typo's of a domain that is similiar to theirs.

then once you get the domain, here they come saying "c&d" using this domain, because it misleads or whatever reason they choose to list.

this is why i tell them to pay me for the cost of acquisition, plus maintenance costs....

if you want the domain........or take it to court.

Sarcle

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Huh? How is freedom of speech and intentionally registering a trademarked name from a company that has spent millions to promote the brand so that you can make a quick dollar off of taking the traffic they created even remotly close?

Here's a novel idea. Get a catch phrase, original idea, brandable name of your own, have a decent site made, promote it, and make a few dollars. But I guess that may be to difficult for the thinking impaired. Rather lets just rip of companies that made something of themselves and complain when we get caught.

TrafficSecret said:
Freedom of speach, Freedom of thought, but do we have Freedom of registering domain names? If it wasnt for the Corprate Ladder the domain industry would be fair game. But there are alot of companies like Google that think every typo or variation of google is there's. If they want a name they should pay for it! These companies are crookes and theifs.

We need to stand up for our rights. A new law needs to go into affect preventing these corporations to steal our registered names without a real legit reason.

HERE ARE THE FACTS THAT THEY DONT UNDERSTAND

google.whatever could have accronyms like this

Go O. G. L. E. ( Go Ohio Girl Learning Elfs )
So do they have rights to O.G.L.E. ?
so if you had a banner that said GO O.G.L.E. !!! would that be google? No!
If they where to make up an website it might be GoOGLE.org (if it was available) The OGLE have rights to GoOGLE.org.
JUST BECAUSE GOOGLE AND ALL THESE OTHER COMPANIES ARE RICH doesnt mean they should get away with MURDER!

You guys getting this!?

Stand up for you rights. Get a commity together. Form some new rules. Make some new laws.

Your Dogs name was google years before google.com came out, right? Doesnt that mean you have rights? :lol:

01wojtowicz

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
you posted this on another forum and it got out of hand... id advise closing it... you really need to think about what you have said..... and read the posts on the other forum!

Dave Zan

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
01wojtowicz said:
you posted this on another forum and it got out of hand... id advise closing it... you really need to think about what you have said..... and read the posts on the other forum!

Yup. It's locked up.

Of course, it depends on what side of the fence you choose to sit on...and if
you had one drink too many. :cheeky:

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
...depends on if you want to ride everyone else's good ideas and brand names and thus "ride their coat tails" forever and not have your own successes........get over it!

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
He wasnt drinking...he was smoking...that's where he got the idea:

Bob Marley, "Get up, stand up: stand up for your rights!"

TrafficSecret

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Love the comments guys.

Corporations spend big money advertising their name = true
Corporations spending big money advertising a typo = false

every number and letter combination makes up a unique domain almost like a unique species. You can not call a monkey a whale, they are unique.

DNA is unique everyone has a slight change. These slight changes, or typos create a unique person. The same goes with domains.

If a company wants a typo. They need to pay, just like US ... The People.
Change the future today!

TS

P.S.

01wojtowicz said:

I can't control other peoples thoughts, sorry.

Sarcle

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
TrafficSecret said:

That's the point. It wouldn't be a typo and no reason registering it if they didn't spend the money. But how can you argue with that logic?

I guess I will steal Pepsi's secret formula, label "Pepzi" put it in a blue and red can and sell it. Sugar and Water are just molecules how big are they so what's the difference?

Lol you are funny.

steven22

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Wow...I like the "fire" on this board. To me the real question is where is the line? What do I mean you ask...when is a large company overstepping their territory. An example, company name amazon.....are they entitled to any name that has 5-7 characters? How close do the names have to be? does the probability of the typo come into play? What are the factors? To me, their has to be a point of reason at some point. These guys want any names that even remotely come close to their name and thats just not right.

I feel their needs to be a clear outline. These wipo judges support big business way too much. I always get a good laugh from thr airfrance VS airfrancesucks case

JEsports

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
TrafficSecret said:
Love the comments guys.

every number and letter combination makes up a unique domain almost like a unique species. You can not call a monkey a whale, they are unique.

If i have two pets ... one is a monkey and the other is a monkie ... do you see two monkey's?

Dave Zan

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Like I've always said, it just depends on what side of the fence you choose to
sit on. Whatever side you choose, be ready for the worst.

TrafficSecret

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
steven22 said:
Wow...I like the "fire" on this board. To me the real question is where is the line? What do I mean you ask...when is a large company overstepping their territory. An example, company name amazon.....are they entitled to any name that has 5-7 characters? How close do the names have to be? does the probability of the typo come into play? What are the factors? To me, their has to be a point of reason at some point. These guys want any names that even remotely come close to their name and thats just not right.

I feel their needs to be a clear outline. These wipo judges support big business way too much. I always get a good laugh from thr airfrance VS airfrancesucks case

BINGO!

excellent example steven22 and if nobody does anything about it they will countinue taking steps in our territory.

TS

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
WRONG, we are taking steps in their territory.

Much of the time (but not all of it) the corporations are doing the correct thing to protest their assets (the millions they spend on advertising and branding). You would do the exact same thing if you were a high ranking official in large company if cybersquatters were "stealing" your resources for monetary gain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom