Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Standard of the traffic quality?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welkin

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
How the standard of the traffic quality is determined at parked without seeing the traffic itself?
By the extensions or something else?
And how the quality of the traffic of a whole portfolio is determined without seeing it?

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure I understand what you mean? Once you point the domain to us, we can then tell the quality of the traffic. Sometimes depending on how much traffic it can take as little as an hour to determine the quality of the traffic on a portfolio.

But determining the quality of your portfolio before we receive any traffic is a something that we do internally that I won't release. We know what a domain is worth at least to us, basically 30 seconds after the domain is added to our system.

Donny

Donny

Welkin

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks Donny, maybe I was not clear enough.
The idea is that I applied for an account at parked.com and the response was a standard blah blah blah, "Our traffic quality department has analyzed your application and has determined that it does not currently meet the standards we are looking for in new Parked.com partners".
So my question has been how this quality is determined - first without seeing any traffic for the listed domains in the application and second without knowing 95% of the domains the user may have.
Seems quite unserious to me, or more likely unseriously formulated response especially added to several "not right" things I've encountered during the application process.
I hope it's a little bit clearer now.

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Welkin,
In the past we let everybody signup and just come right in the door. About 75% of the people signing up we cheating or attempting to cheat us or the advertisers in one way shape or form. So what we did is come up with a way of scoring new potential partners. It's not perfect since we do still get an occasional cheater and in some cases we have stopped a good customer from signing up.

So now we just try to verify as much information as you provide to us. Do the domains resolve and where, what address information did you give us, how old are the domains, how many domains, everything you put in gives you certain points, and you have to reach x to get in. So a .com is much better than a .cn domain, but .cn domains would still get you in if you have enough.

Hope this makes sense.

Donny

Welkin

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yes, it makes sense. Thanks! I've just wanted to be sure if my suggestions are right. Let's assume I'm among the few good customers stopped from signing up since I am not cheating. I've just wanted to see if parked is as good as people say here. I have not any .cn domains although I have not a lot of .com's too. But what I have performs quite good although not great at sedo so I've thought to move from good to great (maybe) but whatever... I can live with it as it is. It's not so much important.
Thanks for confirming the system. I don't think it's good enough but this is your business so probably it's good enough for you or at least the least evil one. :)

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you PM me the username you signed up with, I will be more than happy to take a look at the information myself.

Donny

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom