Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Stargate downs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Maybe they are gone! They announced they are taking away free email accounts and email forwarding, and made a radical price change.

No one can survive selling domains to the public at 7.95, with the chargeback risk.

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I told them in their support system today that they should stick to hosting because they suck at being a registrar.

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by gregr
I told them in their support system today that they should stick to hosting because they suck at being a registrar.

Actually, their hosting sucks too (from what I've heard)...not much to stick to.

Bob

Jedi Master
Reaction score
Their suport is not good either. I asked a very general question, and it took 7 days to get an answer.

-Bob

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Took them over 4 months to get my mail forwarding working once. Finally I called them up, and a guy reset the mail. 4 months!

llew

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm going to transfer all my domains out of stargate once they come back up again. I've had it with their service.

lotsofissues, I have about 6 domains with reg2c.com, they are a dotregistrar reseller. Nothing bad so far.

P

ptez

I really care about the name server things.

Stargate lists all the name servers I registered, and I can modify and add them immediately! and I can use shared ip for name server. That's why I like them!

OnlineNic cannot use shared ip, pretty bad.
They don't even list the name servers you have registered. :(

eNom didn't list name server as well, no idea they need fresh ip for name server or not.

Never use dotregistrar system.

Anyone can tell me where can I find a registrar support the service like Stargate?

P

ptez

namecheap is enom reseller, and can they list all the name servers you registered? can you use occupied ip for your name server?

llew

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I know enom let you register your own nameservers, and you can use ips that are already in use.

DotComster

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I like both StarGate and enom - but they INSIST on useing NT servers OS and software.

P

ptez

Somebody told me that only reseller accounts can register n.s. on enom, is this true?

DotComster

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
anyone can register NS at enom - but modifying them needs an email to support. It'll be changed soon I think so everyone can change NS info to.

G

georgee

We had a client once who wanted to change some contact information on his domain, so she contacted stargate about it, (our client didn't inform us or n e thing) and Stargate gave the client OUR LOGIN AND PASSWORD!!!

then she emailed us straight away stating that they could see and/or delete any no. of domains in our account and thought something about this was a bit fishy, so we fixed the problem and got out of there STRAIGHT AWAY

can u believe that?!

get out,
get out fast

ricardo2002

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Actually, you can easily register AND update nameservers directly on the NameCheap.com website.

P

ptez

NameCheap is enom system.

They won't list your DNS servers.
You have to remember the name, and then you can update it.

Stargate is doing good in this part.

ricardo2002

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Actually, you can immediately do a NameServer look up on the NameCheap site and it will list your registered NameServers and the associated ip addresses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom