Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Starting out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bazc2vtr

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
good afternoon all,
as i am new, could you answer a few questions for me.
where is the best place to park my domains?
best auction site for domains?
also can someone point me in the right direction of some reading, old posts, etc etc to help me to get started with blogs, parking, content etc etc
thanks in advance

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
good afternoon all,
as i am new, could you answer a few questions for me.
where is the best place to park my domains?
best auction site for domains?
also can someone point me in the right direction of some reading, old posts, etc etc to help me to get started with blogs, parking, content etc etc
thanks in advance

Hi

how much money you got?

do you have a budget?

what's your goal?

got a hobby, area of personal interest...any specialized skills?

:)

there is no "best" place to park, you'll have to try them all. as each will perform differently, per domain.

there is no best auction site.
getting the highest reserve possible, before putting your domain in auction is always the best route.

the most reliable auction sites or most trustworthy, most successful websites, that also have domain auctions is the question you should be asking.
those answers can be found in the numerous sales threads and posts on the forum.

as you'll be able to see what sites members are actually using vs. someone telling you what's best

i'd advise reading thru the "domain sales and domains wanted threads".

go back to 2002 if you can. :)

there are also sections for each of the main parking companies, so you can read the questions asked and the answers given for a variety issues.

after you've "read" thru the forum, post a list of specifics that you have trouble grasping.

Good Luck!

bazc2vtr

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
thank you so much for taking the time to reply.
i have very limited budget, just starting out and only doing it for fun at the min really and seeing if i get anything from it.
how come you ask about my hobby/interests - Motorsport, photography, Films, and many more.
many thanks

Jilo

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
how come you ask about my hobby/interests - Motorsport, photography, Films, and many more.
many thanks

If you own domains and websites on the subjects you're interested in, you will enjoy developing them, you'll be able to post knowledgeable content and/or relevant products on the site, and if you know the market, you'll be able to sell it a lot easier.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i have very limited budget, just starting out and only doing it for fun at the min really and seeing if i get anything from it.
many thanks

see reason why i asked those questions below

If you own domains and websites on the subjects you're interested in, you will enjoy developing them, you'll be able to post knowledgeable content and/or relevant products on the site, and if you know the market, you'll be able to sell it a lot easier.

exactly, Thanks Jilo :)

randomo

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
So true! I know how to do only the most basic web design, but I built a site about the works of one of my favorite authors, and thanks to all the unique content, it now ranks #2 for his name on Google & Bing (behind only Wikipedia).

Last edited:

bazc2vtr

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
So true! I know how to do only the most basic web design, but I built a site about the works of one of my favorite authors, and thanks to all the unique content, it now ranks #2 for his name on Google & Bing (behind only Wikipedia). Getting a trickle of income from links to his books, but may figure out ways to make it more of a steady stream. ;)

hi randomo
do you mind if i looked at the website you made?
thanks

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There is no such thing as 'best' place to sell or park domains.
Everything will depend on the quality of the domains. If they are good, people will want to buy them. Otherwise you will renew them year after year with no buyers in sight.
If you don't own strong domains you can still develop them. But it's not domaining really, it's webmastering and SEO.
Pretty much any domain can be developed. Selling is a different game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom