Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Starting to get some type in traffic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

fab

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I wasn't sure it was worth my while to even forward any of my domains, since I assumed I would get no traffic. Well I started to get trickles, like a few a day from a number of domains. The interesting thing I found, was one domain, I have set at my own nameservers, and I forward it from there to a parking program. This gives me the advantage of checking the traffic in more detail. What struck out were the browsers. Generally speakin most of my web-sites get between app. 85-90% from IE. This domain, however, got it's traffic from
Firefox No 9 69.2 %
Opera No 3 23 %
Safari No 1 7.6 %

nothing from IE.

none

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You're not seeing any traffic from IE because only IE7 resolves IDN.

IE6 cannot parse IDN into punycode.

All IDN are basically receiving the vast majority of their traffic from the FF userbase.

fab

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

All IDN are basically receiving the vast majority of their traffic from the FF userbase.

Which means that it has good potential. since once more people will move over to IE7 or another browther. BTW, if you noticed I got traffic from both Safari and OPera as well.

Vorty

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
vtrader said:

Not 100% true... IE6 can actually resolve IDN's. It's just necessary to install a little plug-in (you can download this plug-in automatically when you type a IDN... this in Portugal).

none

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
fab said:
Which means that it has good potential. since once more people will move over to IE7 or another browther. BTW, if you noticed I got traffic from both Safari and OPera as well.

Exactly.

Vorty: You're right about the plug-in. I would guess that the % of users who've installed it is quite small.

Edwin

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Your browser stats are very encouraging. Shows that (statistically speaking) nobody has the IE plugin... which means that IE7 will potentially change the situation for all IE users - and IE has up to 99% of the market in some countries...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom