Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

State of Industry / Value of Domains

Status
Not open for further replies.

gmac17

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It seems like newbies are coming onto all of the webmaster message boards in droves these days (much more often than in the past). This gets me a bit paranoid, as I worry about more and more competition on my web sites.....

I know I shouldn't worry about others, and just focus on what I do, but I can't help it. In 5 years are there going to be 200 people building sites about my topic, instead of the 4 of us that are there right now? Pretty likely I think.

At the same time, I guess that puts more value in good, brandable domain names so I should buy even more ;)

Discussion?

Kishin

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
gmac17 said:
It seems like newbies are coming onto all of the webmaster message boards in droves these days (much more often than in the past). This gets me a bit paranoid, as I worry about more and more competition on my web sites.....

I know I shouldn't worry about others, and just focus on what I do, but I can't help it. In 5 years are there going to be 200 people building sites about my topic, instead of the 4 of us that are there right now? Pretty likely I think.

At the same time, I guess that puts more value in good, brandable domain names so I should buy even more ;)

Discussion?
Newbies dont have experience,IMHO a thing very valuable in the business of the internet. But who knows whats going to happen in 5,10 years. The internet may change a lot or may not change much. But there could be a lot of positive things that could happen. Such as more people using the internet,more websites and possibly more advertisers willing to pay a lot. Possibly another .com boom? I am sure people with established websites could benefit greatly.
But sadly only time can tell :disappoin

harleyx

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I bet there are quite a few good non-english (and foreign character set) domain names that have yet to be registered, as for many of those countries internet-related technology is more than a decade behind the times. If I was into domain speculation, I'd be looking for undiscovered gold in one word domains from Japan, India, and China.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom