Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Stats Abuse From Parked

Status
Not open for further replies.

nameadvertising.com

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
After much resignation, I began to park names on Parked last week over again. I guess I have too much time on my hands to see this happen over 4 times and god knows how many other times in the past week.

Parked keeps changing click count over and over. I can understand revenue adjustment for previous days stats. But live click adjustments form an incremental click to lower click count is unacceptable.

Daily Summary Date Range: Current Pay PeriodPrevious Pay PeriodThis MonthLast MonthPast 7 DaysPast 30 DaysYear to DateLast YearTodayYesterdayPast 5 DaysPast 365 Days

Date ▼ Visitors Searches 404s Clicks RPM CTR RPC Revenue
2008-08-25 * 692 285 39 30 $7.40 4.34% $0.17 $5.12

The numbers changed to above from $6 plus from last hour from 31 clicks $6.01 to 30 clicks $5.12 and I have been monitoring this for the past few days when clicks go from up to down.

How can the stats say 31 clicks $6.01 for over 60 continous minutes and then change to 30 clicks down to $5.12. And this isn't the first time that adjustments of clicks and revenue was made in real time to lower count.

Do you have a logical explanation or my money is being stolen?

Chris

Domain Days 2024

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Have you contacted Parked support and asked?

nameadvertising.com

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I did Raider. Am waiting to hear from Chris. My post may be unjustifiably strong. but it is more out of frustration than being accusatory. Just tired of being blindsided by all parking companies. It is time they show what they keep for themselves. After all, we shoulder the burden of paying for renewals.

We have choices, I know. Whether to park or not. From what I observed from hours of live monitoring, I have little faith in parking companies anymore.

Credit

Buying CC.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I noticed it before but never really bothered to complain. The fact that they count multiple clicks per visitor is great as it is. I think the reason for the adjustment might be the fact that the same user clicks the same link more than once, and parked automatically counts that as 2 clicks - when the adjustment happens they just remove the extra click. It's just a theory though and I might be totally wrong.

Paps

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I did Raider. Am waiting to hear from Chris. My post may be unjustifiably strong. but it is more out of frustration than being accusatory. Just tired of being blindsided by all parking companies. It is time they show what they keep for themselves. After all, we shoulder the burden of paying for renewals.

We have choices, I know. Whether to park or not. From what I observed from hours of live monitoring, I have little faith in parking companies anymore.

I've had issues with my numbers dropping at Parked too, so I understand your frustration... It took some time to get a answer, but I did get one and it was to my satisfaction.

We really need disclosure and accountability from these parking companies,
so we can put all this distrust to rest.

tldrental

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
you guys do understand that parked.com or any other parking company can only be as transparent as the upstream provider allows them to be, and that is not much.

I was tripping out today myself with parked, I have a domain that makes around $10 from 70 - 80 visits usually, and today it had 300+ visits and $0 revenue!

DNP

Trust & Reliability
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
And next week your revenue will be evel less and continue to drop every day. That is why I left Parked...

nameadvertising.com

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
My thread was NOT about revenue drops. It was about reduction of clicks numbers and consequent revenue attached to those clicks. It happened more than a few times. Upstream provider has (or should have) nothing to do with this.

Revenue may go up and down, but when clicks are altered, I see a problem there. Upstream provider can update revenues and I will buy that argument. But don't mess with the clicks. It just smells fishy...

CyrusL

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I don't understand why there is a new post like this every day about every single parking company under the sun.

Just split test between all the major options and compare your revenue. The visitors, the clicks, and every other metric they give you doesn't matter--just compare how big the check you get in the mail is. At the end of all this, you'll have a pretty good idea of how much your traffic is worth. I know it may suck that this number isn't as big as it was a year or two ago, but shit happens, and you will at least know there is no grand conspiracy to shave clicks at Parked.com or any other competitor.

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
When a click comes in we always count it, over the day we estimate whether Yahoo will pay for a click or not. If you have a * next to a day, that means it's an estimate, we are completely estimating what you will be paid. So let's say person A clicks 5 times on one of your domains, then an hour later they click 5 more times, then an hour later 5 more. That's 15 times, our system will probably remove all 15 clicks as we assume our providers may not pay for those clicks. So are we "stealing" your estimated clicks, if you want to call it that, go for it.

Then normally the next day we take all of the stats from our providers and change the final click count to what they have paid for. So let's say you only had 1 domain and it was the above example and they said they paid for 10 clicks, we would change your final example to 10 clicks and you would be paid based on what they say, not what our estimate says.

Remember an estimate is only an estimate, we don't pay off of estimates like some other companies. We pay based on what we are going to be paid.

Donny

nameadvertising.com

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hey Donny,
Like I said in my follow up, I have made an unjustifiably strong statement. I do not make that much revenue to be crying over it. I just would like that clicks reflect what it was. A visitor clicked on a link and that is a fact. It should reflect so.

I am not complaining about revenues. I cannot complain about stuff which I know little about. We domainers have nothing to go by but accept what is shown.

My apologies for using the word 'stolen', as in shoot first and ask questions later.

Nevertheless, I believe parking companies must show what they keep for themselves. Either it is 50-50, 60-40, 20-80 or whatever in between. Parking providers are the only entities on the Internet who do not provide payout percentage data.

This isn't fair.

Response received - Mods, please close this thread.

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Before the thread is closed, we pay everybody a minimum of 65%. You can get much higher based the quantity and quality of your traffic. You won't get that much information from all parking companies but you will from us, I will tell anybody what we are paying them.

Something else to remember, I pay you 45 to 60 days before I get paid myself. So call it an interest free loan. :)

I don't know of many companies that tell you what percentage you will be paid, for example Google, do they tell you what percentage you will be paid if you are using adsense? How about any CPA program that's out there, I only know about 2-3 that actually tell you, but large ones don't give you an exact % or number.

Donny

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom