Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

stats on new extensions

Status
Not open for further replies.

anothernewbie

Level 3
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
just curious if anyone knows of TYPE-IN traffic that strong .info, .biz GENERICS get as of today

if you have .info, .biz domains with TYPE-INS, can you please enlighten us on your traffic

thanks

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by anothernewbie just curious if anyone knows of TYPE-IN traffic that strong .info, .biz GENERICS get as of today. if you have .info, .biz domains with TYPE-INS, can you please enlighten us on your traffic. thanks

First let me say I am a big fan of the new dot-US and think it has great potential. However, as of this date I do not believe any extensions get any worthwhile type-ins at all except dot-com.

That's especially true of biz whereas established ext like net and org may get an occasional type-in but biz and info even less frequent.

I have some domains where I own the non-hyphenated .com, the hyphenated .com and the net, org and/or .us too. The only one getting any type-ins is the non-hyphen dot-com. However, the others may have value as far as search engine traffic goes. The extension and hyphens seem to not matter regarding SE's.

DomeBase

Old Timer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi anothernewbie,

There is precious little data on this. A couple anecdotes.. like the following post:

http://forum.icann.org/cgi-bin/rpgmessage.cgi?newtldevaluationprocess;3D5584AB0000116C

I have three pretty good generic .infos -- but the websites are new and not much traffic yet.

One thing I can track is the numbr of .INFO sites on Google as a % of .COM... as an indicator of sites working (and indirectly, use).

Number of insiders and speculators who scarfed up top generics and are just letting them sit there fallow continues to be a problem. Also, little/no advertising from registry yet. If .INFO succeeds, it will be despite these things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom