Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Stolen Domain Name

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wicked95

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Posting this for a friend. He had a old lawn care company that went out of business a couple years back and he just never did anything with the domain name. I guess he kept up with the billing etc on the site, but never went to it. Come to find out this week the site is now registered with someone else. We contacted the company and they had purchased the site from another company about 6 months ago for a pretty nominal amount. From reading on here, we guess that someone had the PW reset and transfered the name, and then sold the site. We don't know how long it's been gone. Couldn't get ahold of the company/person that sold it yet.

The new company TM'd the domain name and didn't have any interest in just giving it back. Friend did check and the site registration never expired, so they couldn't have gotten it that way.

Is there a limited amount of time in which to dispute the transfer? Is there anything we can do to get the domain back? etc. any info would be appreciated. I guess he should also contact Network solutions and see what info they can give.

Pretty confusing I guess.

It's not a pressing situation as he never really intended on using the site again, but just the same it was his site and he'd like to have it back. I don't want to post the names etc as to not stir the pot. :)

Thanks All

NeoGen

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
who was the registrar of the domain?

DNjet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I hope your friend wasn't using a free email like hotmail to register the domain , then let that email expire and the thiefs jump for joy.

Wicked95

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
He doesn't remember what he used to register the domain. But he does not have that e-mail address anymore.

Also, his company was the original registar.

Is this something he can come back to later if he decides he wants to push the issue? Or is it a time sinsitive matter?

He really doesn't care, we just thought it was strange.

Dave Zan

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Is it possible the domain name simply expired and got re-registered?

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Wicked95 said:
Friend did check and the site registration never expired, so they couldn't have gotten it that way.
How did your friend know for sure that the domain registration has never expired? The domain creation date is NOT a good pointer here.

simon

Senior Exclusive Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
it had expired and another person re-registered/back ordered it, there is nothing that you can do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom