Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

stolen domains by a scammer

Status
Not open for further replies.

solokkhz

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
hello all

i had a deal couple of hours ago with user named randan at namepros chat. i have sold him 4 domain names for the sum of 170$

pkpp.net
wsww.net
pussypink.net
ntoy.net

he payed me by paypal and i pushed the domains to him at dynadot.

hour after i pushed the domains i looked at my paypal account and have seen that this money is on hold for unauthorised transfer

i talked to a user named widedesigns and he told me that he got scammed by that user in the same time i did

beware of that randan scammer
if u see those domains somwhere please inform me thanks

shlomi khutoretsky

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Sounds like 9mm is back.

jberryhill

Philadelphia Lawyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
He's been a busy beaver for the last couple of weeks....

widedesigns

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i too got scammed by him

0a1.com at dynadot itself :(

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This is a shame.

I am saying this now. STOP accepting paypal as payment. Now keep in mind there are people here and elsewhere where I would myself but these members are few and far between.

The reason I say they are few and far between is because there are MANY members here who have big trader ratings, deal in premium names yet have a shady past and have been banned before, here and at np's.

I could start a shit storm but I won't :sigh2:

Ptune

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I just got scammed by chickmaster. He uses Robert Fulop. He bought a domain name from me that's worth $700 dollars. He paypal me, I pushed the name to his account than I receive a noticed of money is on hold for unauthorised transfer.
Paypal refund him back his money and I lost a domain. Never again will I use paypal to make transactions. I've learned a great lesson, especially as a new domainer. I've been a domainer for only a year.

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am saying this now. STOP accepting paypal as payment.

Unfortunately for a lot of us the alternatives are too expensive.

Escrow.com and Sedo both have large minimum fees which would jack up the price for many low end domains. If I were to sell a very low end domain (reg fee-$15) I would have to charge $65-$75 on Sedo just to make that money and most people wouldn't pay that much for a low end domain. It looks like even Western Union has a $20 fee (I just priced a $20 transfer over them and that's what the fee would be).

If there were a lesser expensive alternative for us I'm sure many people would flock to them and ditch paypal (myself included). Someone who charged either a flat rate or a %.

randomo

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately for a lot of us the alternatives are too expensive.

I also accept payment through Moneybookers - don't know it well, but have heard that chargebacks can't happen there. My experiences with it have been good so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom