Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Stolen domains - CWI.com, 7Y.net, VYA.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

mohno

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The domains, CWI.com, 7Y.net, VYA.net, has been stolen from a friend of mine.
They were grabbed with 4domains/SnapBack and the friend is negotiating with them about the stolen domains.
Unfortunately, CWI.com has been already transferred to directi.
Anyway, please stay away from the sales of these domains.

Thank you

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by actnow
Thank you for the info.

It would be nice to have a category (or, thread) listing stolen domains. I am sure there are a number of them floating around.

Maybe, DCG will act on this!

That's a good suggestion, though open to possible abuse - with the right evidence provided it could be a useful feature - I'll pass it on.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
My question is how can we label property as stolen without a police report, that's like claiming someone is guilty before the trial.

just a thought....

-=DCG=-

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by mohno
They were grabbed with 4domains/SnapBack and the friend is negotiating with them about the stolen domains.

:huh: :huh: :huh:

Are you saying your friend let them drop and they were cuaght by SN/4D?

Cuz I would think a domainer would know better.

Or

Are oyu saying he cuaght them with SN/4D and then they were stolen..

mohno

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I meant to say he caught them with SnapNames (and registered with 4domains), then they were stolen.
Perhaps, somebody hacked his account of 4domains and change accout information. Then, they transferred out "cwi.com" from 4domains to directi.

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
oh ok ;)

Thanks for the info,

iwill watch out ofr em :)

jpalmer

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hey Steen,

I'm new to this forum and found your thread in a search. My apologies for opening an old thread, but I wanted to add some notes regarding this discussion since it refers to our company: 4domains.com.

In the discussion above the domain cwi.com transfer is discussed with implications the security surrounding the transfer away system may have been compromised. Obviously that is a critial point for us as a registrar.

I wanted to make note our transfer systems (prior to the ICANN auto-requirement/lock evolution) was very secure, if anything we got complaints it was too secure, but better safe than sorry. As a domain owner I'm sure you would agree.

During this timeframe (September 2003) our transfer away system was very straight forward and secure. The system would be notified by the registry of a transfer request and email the admin contact on the domain an email with a secure confirmation link to allow or deny the transfer, and no response before the 5 day auto-timeout would result in an auto-deny. The proceed link was clicked within 24 hours of that so the transfer was approved. You can email/PM me for the details. Since the proceed link was indeed clicked to allow cwi.com to leave our registrar account and move to DirectI there is nothing more we can do once that has completed.

I noticed subsequently the other two names were also transferred to DirectI in January 2004.

I hope these details are helpful, by looking at the current whois details everything looks ok.

If you need anything please let me know :^)

mohno

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It happened on a friend on mine.
I didn't mentioned your _transfer_ system.
Actually, your account system was not secure.
Anyway, CWI.com is not still back to the rightful owner.

(I'll send PM.)

Yoshiki

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi John,

I was bit surprised to read your line "by looking at the current whois details everything looks ok".

As your being a SnapNames partner, I suppose you should have received
the registrant informations for the domain names concerned from SnapNames.

Do you mean that the registrant informations received from SnapNames
at the time of your registering the domain names for SnapNames are same
as in the current Whois?

jpalmer said:
I hope these details are helpful, by looking at the current whois details everything looks ok.

methodM

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The 'hacker' probably knew your friends email password (probably the same as his 4domain password) and thats how he did it...which is probably your friends fault.

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Please tell me I didn't type in that manner :-#

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom