Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Stolen domains: jis.com leading.net southeast.net jaxnet.com and more info

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
The domain names jis.com, leading.net, southeast.net, jaxnet.com are currently in the possession of a person who after winning floridadigital.net at Namejet recreated the admin email managing jis.com and gained access to the holding Network Solutions account. From there, he renewed jis.com and unlawfully controls three more domains listed above, all of which have not expired.

As I blogged extensively about it today, I wanted to raise a flag about this incident and unethical practice.

INVIGOR

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Man that's a pretty serious snafu on somebody's part! How does something like that possibly begin to happen??! Who's ultimately responsible? NJ or NS? This could get sticky....

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Definitely not Namejet's fault. They simply auctioned a domain that managed the admin email of other domains.

Network Solutions: quite possibly. You can reset a password simply by knowing the admin email or account number. The perpetrator took FloridaDigital.net, put it on a server thus enabling the email account, reset the password via the NetSol form and received the email. Very simple, as if you sold me a car that contained the keys to my house in the glove box and I enter your garage and take the other two cars. NetSol should have had a challenge question authentication in place, something only the owner would know.

The owner: When you deal with corporate mergers, there's a lot to be desired. After the first merger things start to slip through. On the third merger in a row, very few managers remember to check the assets daily.

The person who won the FloridaDigital.net on Namejet had no right to access the account and steal the other domains - he never paid for those.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
From a post by Elliot on his blog. I know my post is probably the longest I've ever written, but one needs to read it carefully ;)

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
The owner is a domainer that calls himself "Independent Internet Professional" according to LinkedIn.

If stealing domains is part of that title, then maybe "Domain Thief" is a shorter alternative.

---------- Post added at 05:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:27 PM ----------

Clarification: I'm referring to the current owner of FloridaDigital.net who facilitated the theft of the other 4 domains.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom