Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Stolen Name? DNBoard.com Urgent Advice Requested!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ComScout.com

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I had my own forum called www.dnboard.com and I never go there cause I have been away and was saving it till next year for development!

I just noticed that when I went there it forwards to www.streetballforum.com and the guys whois is http://www.whois.net/whois.cgi2?d=streetballforum.com and I just rang him, but his mummy said he was asleep!

Anyhow the name is still in my enom.com account, and everything is the way I left it with the same website host as all DNS settings are correct!

How could this guy be using my name like this? Please Visit the url www.dnboard.com to see what I mean!

Subhan

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Maybe your domain has been expired and he backordered it..

Tippy

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
When I click DNBoard.com I get a Sedo parking page...

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
ComScout.com said:
Hi Guys,

I had my own forum called www.dnboard.com and I never go there cause I have been away and was saving it till next year for development!

I just noticed that when I went there it forwards to www.streetballforum.com and the guys whois is http://www.whois.net/whois.cgi2?d=streetballforum.com and I just rang him, but his mummy said he was asleep!

Anyhow the name is still in my enom.com account, and everything is the way I left it with the same website host as all DNS settings are correct!

How could this guy be using my name like this? Please Visit the url www.dnboard.com to see what I mean!

I get a Sedo parking page, it does not forward anywhere, when was it forwarding to another website?

Are you sure about all of that? Do you wish to file a formal complaint with the Mods that he somehow hijacked or stole the name or illegally redirected it to his own acct?

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Doesn't look like it's been stolen - you say it's still in your Enom account and the whois is down as you - looks like a screw up at the Enom control panel to me.
Suggest you review your allegation of theft unless you can prove it has been stolen and not just been re-directed in error.

ComScout.com

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This is a post from another forum

This is the source code I see on "your" site befor it's redirected

<html>

<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=windows-1252">
<meta name="GENERATOR" content="Microsoft FrontPage 4.0">
<meta name="ProgId" content="FrontPage.Editor.Document">
<META HTTP-EQUIV="refresh" content="0;URL=http://www.streetballforum.com/index.php?act=Reg">
<title>DN Board</title>

</head>
<body>
<p align="center"><b><font size="6"><i>DN Board</i></font></b></p>
</body>

</html>

I now have the name parked at sedo temporaliy

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Then maybe your site had been hacked, not the name stolen.

ComScout.com

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I now have the name pointing back to the original site which was www.dnboard.com and you should see it pointing to streetballforum.com

Mr Webname said:
Then maybe your site had been hacked, not the name stolen.

Thanks Mr Webname!

I want this person Dark_One banned from dnforum.com and also how do I report this!? Is this a criminal offence?

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
So have you looked into your account at BGFHOST.COM?

ComScout.com

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
ComScout.com said:
I now have the name pointing back to the original site which was www.dnboard.com and you should see it pointing to streetballforum.com

Thanks Mr Webname!

I want this person Dark_One banned from dnforum.com and also how do I report this!? Is this a criminal offence?

I logged in via ftp and changed the index file, obviously he may have hacked my site, this is what the file looked like!

<html>

<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=windows-1252">
<meta name="GENERATOR" content="Microsoft FrontPage 4.0">
<meta name="ProgId" content="FrontPage.Editor.Document">
<META HTTP-EQUIV="refresh" content="0;URL=http://www.streetballforum.com/index.php?>
<title>DN Board</title>

</head>
<body>
<p align="center"><b><font size="6"><i>DN Board</i></font></b></p>
</body>

</html>

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I suspect there is more to the story. This makes no sense at all. How is it possible all within a span of less than 22 minutes (when Tippy clicked on it) it went from forwarding by the alleged thief to the alleged thieves site and quickly back to your control to a Sedo parked page?

ComScout.com

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
trader said:
I suspect there is more to the story. This makes no sense at all. How is it possible all within a span of less than 22 minutes (when Tippy clicked on it) it went from forwarding by the alleged thief to the alleged thieves site and quickly back to your control to a Sedo parked page?

From advice of another domain forum I accessed my ftp to my site and in the index.htm file the name was getting forwarded to www.streetballforum.com as per my previous post

I have fixed this and the member at that forum said my site was probably hacked because of vbulletin.com's security flaw for version 3.03 to which he suggested I upgrade to version v 3.06

I fixed the index.htm file and now it is going to the proper url! Thanks, for everyones advice, I would like to know how Dark_One did this! if he did hack my site, I feel he needs to be banned from DNForum.com, it is too much of a coincedence to have a member from dnforum.com have something to do with this, and plus the fact that he is only 14 years of age! I would be very weary of this member!

Just to let you all know, that I am forwarding this name to www.sedo.com as of now!

furca

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Dark_One is pretty loyal, I don't think he did this, you should contact him before making assumptions or maybe he even bought it/regged it after that had happened? Id ont know, but I really dont think he did this.

VisualDigits

The One
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
From what I heard Dark_One registered streetballforums recently, a few days ago. If he's a hacker, he's quite good because he's 14 years old.

Joe

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I know nothing about Dark_One, and will not participate in making any premature allegations against another board member. However, I will say that I read an article not too long ago that said the majority of hackers (and often the most "talented" ones) are actually kids in the 12-17 year old age range. The article went on to say that this is probably because kids have the most time on their hands, and by their nature, are explorative, curious, and question everything....these are essential precursors for the making of a "successful hacker".

No, I don't have the link to the article, and can't remember the source exactly either.

-Joe

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
DomainMaster said:
From what I heard Dark_One registered streetballforums recently, a few days ago.
Seems correct:-
Domain Name: streetballforum.com
Registrar: Spot Domain LLC

Expiration Date: 2006-03-13 00:58:42
Creation Date: 2005-03-12 23:02:52
As it is his site hopefully he will contribute to this thread in due course.

Dark_One

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I am not a hacker.

I simply had his FTP details because he let me do a job for him to fix this thing with his portal in vBulletin and he gave me his FTP details, i would have expected him to change the passwords, etc, after i had done fixing the problem but unfortunately i couldn't fix the problem :-D It was just too hard

Then just yesterday i tried logging into FTP and it worked. I guess i would get myself some free hits by changing your index.html to include a meta refresh. I did NOT steal your domain :-D if that's what your thinking.. you didn't even look at your whois for dnboard.com ...

I personally think it was a fault on your side for not having common sense, i mean if you give someone your FTP details to get them to fix something for you, you should change the password afterwards :)

I did alter your index.html file but other than that i didn't do anything major to the other files on your server just the index.html.. so before you make accusations of me STEALING your domain.. look in the whois :)

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Dark_One said:
I am not a hacker.

I simply had his FTP details because he let me do a job for him to fix this thing with his portal in vBulletin and he gave me his FTP details, i would have expected him to change the passwords, etc, after i had done fixing the problem but unfortunately i couldn't fix the problem :-D It was just too hard

Then just yesterday i tried logging into FTP and it worked. I guess i would get myself some free hits by changing your index.html to include a meta refresh. I did NOT steal your domain :-D if that's what your thinking.. you didn't even look at your whois for dnboard.com ...

I personally think it was a fault on your side for not having common sense, i mean if you give someone your FTP details to get them to fix something for you, you should change the password afterwards :)

I did alter your index.html file but other than that i didn't do anything major to the other files on your server just the index.html.. so before you make accusations of me STEALING your domain.. look in the whois :)

Actually that conduct DOES constitute you as a hacker!
Your conduct is totally unacceptable for a member of this forum - a temporary ban is being issued with a recommendation to Admin that the ban be made permanent.

scorpio

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Dark_One said:
I am not a hacker.

Ah that explans why u r Banned someone else on net.. U have still not paid for those templates to that guy..

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom