Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Stormpay closed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Domain Days 2024

scorpio

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
4Daily.com got there strompay account suspended ..

Its like some individual account get limited or closed or terminated at Stormpay ..

NameWolf

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have never taken a liking to stormpay. After the recent 3rd party processor meltdown, I would not be surprised if they go down as well.

OgieOgalthorpe

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I don't know if it was every really down. Though they seem to be cracking down on Autosurf and MLM type of clients.

Domagon

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
My one company had a Stormpay account for awhile, but then Stormpay one day out of the blue suspends our account over content issues (cann.com) not fraud or anthing; Stormpay acknowledged upfront that all funds in our account were legit, but that they still were not going to issue a check for 6 months.

But over a year and numerous promises later by Stormpay to issue a check for the remaining balance of $555.18, Stormpay has yet to ever send us the money.

Fortunately, the amount my company lost was nominal due to frequent withdrawals and thus not worth pursuing - Stormpay is very shady; collecting could potentially take much more effort than it's worth.

In short, the operators of Stormpay are THIEVES ... and many people, including myself, have been warning others for quite awhile now to avoid them.

Ron

Luc

Old school
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
interesting. their site appears to be down and i have a few hundred bucks there.

DNGeeks

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I planned on posting this a while ago, but it seems that tihrd party processor users are so twitchy when it comes to being screwed that all they do is bitch and whine.

Paysystems, stormpay, egold issues.. don't worry, your paypal accounts are next.

Luc

Old school
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
DNGeeks said:
I planned on posting this a while ago, but it seems that tihrd party processor users are so twitchy when it comes to being screwed that all they do is bitch and whine.

Paysystems, stormpay, egold issues.. don't worry, your paypal accounts are next.

so you suggest mailing a check for each internet transaction? or perhaps using pigeons?

not EVERY online seller wants to bother setting up a merchant account. many wont even get approved because of the low transaction volume or will get raped on the processing fees. most don't have any idea where to start and how it works. services such as paypal make life a LOT easier, especially for people who are not aware of the high fraud rate on the net.

stormpay sucks. paysystems, egold. yes. they all sucked, but when a customer comes to me and says, hey, I can only pay with eGold or I can only pay with stormpay because I'm in country XX and I don't have a credit card, what do you do?

would you rather deny them business or signup for one of these crap processors and accept the sale?

Beachie

Mr Flippy Returns..
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There seem to be a huge number of ponzi schemes using StormPay. I'd say they're trying to clean up their image.

DNGeeks

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yup, use pigeons and consider bird crap an acceptable form of payment.

Might you lose sales if you don't use payscam? maybe. Are you less secure if you use payscam? Definately. Do you have control of your account and money with payscam? never.

I'd rather deny them the sale then hand my business over to payscam. Yes I'm bitter about them, they cost me money. They'll do the same to you eventually. And yes I followed the TOS and all that crap. Even got email from them saying my business was just fine. A week later they closed my account and the accounts of many other usenet providers.

Security and peace of mind versus lack of control. Third party payment processors just aren't good enough, and people need to learn that.

spiderden

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
if a business has been banned from doing business in their own home state... something is wrong with the picture... they have been banned in TN off and on for 3 or 4 years plus now, the attorney general here gets thousands of complaints against them (use to anyway)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom